Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2007, 10:57 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,054,971 times

Advertisements

Thank you, Jackie! And thanks to Sunny and Autumn, too. What a nice surprise!

Old 12-27-2007, 07:23 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
Default Let me add to that congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Congradulations to Raliegh Forum own MrsSteel
One of the 40 winners of random posters selected for city-data 2nd Birthday!!
Thank You for all that you have contributed.
[CENTER]http://bestsmileys.com/birthday2/2.gif (broken link)[/CENTER]

Another congrats to the lady of Steel

Old 12-27-2007, 07:29 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
Now that I am working on almost two weeks living here I have learned a lot. Everything is great but has been my discussions with people in the building of homes and sales and conversations with neighbors about a number of things that have taught me a lot. The wife and I are learning our way around {guided by our GPS) and find almost anything is within 30-35 minutes non rush hour. What strikes me is the degree of accuracy in much of what we discuss. I wish there was a truly accurate consistancy of what is right but I don't think there is. That being said I am pouring through information and posts trying to decide what to do with my lawn. We are off to a decent start because of the recent rain but it is the end of December and that is not prime growing time. It will help to keep my sod healthy until spring. Yes I should be watering sod even when dormant. We are very happy and had blinds installed today and they are awesome. I have learned that whatever the endeavor I should not stop or allow anyone to stop me until I:
" Git Er Done".

Old 12-28-2007, 05:34 AM

655 posts, read 916,140 times
Default So what did everyone get for Christmas?

Come on, you know you want to brag about it? What did you get and what did you get for your loved ones?

Old 12-28-2007, 06:03 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,561,845 times
Hmmmmmm, Coach bag, jewlery, bath things (my favorite) clothes and a gift certificate to my favorite store-Black House/White Market, $100 Starbucks gift certificate (perfect), Collections from the Jim Shore Collection, and the most fun a Bialetti Mukka Express Cappuccino machine, just to name a few. Lots of fun things, so it was fun and I guess I was good this year. Can't wait to read more from this post. I did make it a point to hand out money on every corner that I saw a homeless person this christmas. I hope they use it well. Yesterday a man with 2 dogs near Southpoint-I told him to go feed his dogs with it. He said he will....who knows

Old 12-28-2007, 08:03 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,947,116 times
I was hoping my house would have sold by this time...after 2 price adjustments, nothing...the house is only 6 months old, but competition with new homes going in is most likely what's discouraging buyers from even looking at a resale...in any event, I pray 2008 brings a sale...the listing expires 1-08-08 with the real estate...not sure if I should re-list or wait until Spring time, stay with a real-estate? or do FSBO?...say by April/May...maybe then the builder will be done and I will have more leverage...ok, enough venting...thanks...any words of wisdom/advice?

Old 12-28-2007, 12:25 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,880 times
I received the best present of all. My parents moved into their New Home on the 14th in Clayton and my wife and I closed on the 21st in HSP..............oh wait it's after Christmas.....scratch the parents moving in thing I already got their gifts...no need to be nice

Old 12-28-2007, 03:48 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,054,971 times
Congrats to Tluv & Tuborg for finally having the family all in one place!

We chose to keep the gifts fairly simple this year ... or so I thought until my mother gave me a beautiful stained glass window that she made herself. Mom usually sells her art, but I have had my eye on this particular piece for a while so she gave it to me instead of selling it. The window is octogonal and features bluebirds and dogwood blossoms. It will be a gorgeous addition to our breakfast nook.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:30 PM

29 posts, read 120,989 times
The best present I received was a bath towel set from my secret santa at work. My parents gave me a couch potato jumpsuit (not sure what to call it) that was supposed to be given to me 2 years ago, but my mom lost it back then and recently found it. ... lots of little things.

3 more weeks and counting.... can't wait to move!

The one thing that isn't so great is that I may be having trouble with my gallbladder. Not good timing.... Getting a sonogram on Monday. I really don't want to have surgery right before moving! I just hope it's gastritis.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:32 PM

29 posts, read 120,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteel View Post
Congrats to Tluv & Tuborg for finally having the family all in one place!

We chose to keep the gifts fairly simple this year ... or so I thought until my mother gave me a beautiful stained glass window that she made herself. Mom usually sells her art, but I have had my eye on this particular piece for a while so she gave it to me instead of selling it. The window is octogonal and features bluebirds and dogwood blossoms. It will be a gorgeous addition to our breakfast nook.

That sounds lovely! My aunt makes stained glass items on occasion...we're sort of an "artsy fartsy" family. Enjoy it! I'm sure it'll look great when the sun is shining!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary