Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 12:15 PM

42 posts, read 67,244 times

Advertisements

I too wanted to mention Millbrook Green - I lived there for a bit over a year from 2011 to 2012, and in that time, I had a peeping tom in the neighborhood at my window (last I heard he was still an issue - a friend still lives there), my road bike stolen (lock cut from off my porch), had a drug dealer living upstairs, armored police came in with guns and pointed one at my neighbor when she stepped out to see what the commotion was at 11pm, and was offered drugs while walking my dogs twice. It definitely worsened in the year we lived there, and now they built a Sheetz literally right next door - I don't think that's going to help anything. I'd stay away from this area and the whole Mini City area (Capital x Millbrook, Capital x Calvary area).

Last edited by drzafi8v; 06-25-2014 at 12:16 PM.. Reason: Added another incident
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 12:21 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,341,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
I meant in general - see the other thread here "Is it common here for strangers to ask you for money?"

I've seen it a lot myself, at end of exit ramps from highways, at the entrances/exits of many shopping centers, etc.
That is because you are not comparing this to NY prior to Rudy Guiliani moving all of the pan handlers to outer boroughs. There are homeless and panhandlers in both areas, the behaviors might be different and some of that is what each city/town permits.

Old 06-25-2014, 01:38 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drzafi8v View Post
I too wanted to mention Millbrook Green - I lived there for a bit over a year from 2011 to 2012, and in that time, I had a peeping tom in the neighborhood at my window (last I heard he was still an issue - a friend still lives there), my road bike stolen (lock cut from off my porch), had a drug dealer living upstairs, armored police came in with guns and pointed one at my neighbor when she stepped out to see what the commotion was at 11pm, and was offered drugs while walking my dogs twice. It definitely worsened in the year we lived there, and now they built a Sheetz literally right next door - I don't think that's going to help anything. I'd stay away from this area and the whole Mini City area (Capital x Millbrook, Capital x Calvary area).
We lived in Mini-City for 8 years as it turned into a disaster. Milbrook Green was a total mistake. Not the right crowd and a management unfamiliar with the hidden issues of this area.

Old 06-26-2014, 07:53 PM

225 posts, read 216,860 times
Two places I was considering this week, based on cost, are Spring Forest and Oak City.

Old 06-27-2014, 03:16 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThySeeker View Post
Two places I was considering this week, based on cost, are Spring Forest and Oak City.
Do you mean the apartments on Spring Forest Rd across from East Millbrook Middle School?

If so, run while you are still alive.

Mini-City is no good any more. We used to live at 5009 New Hope Rd and am warning you from experience.

Do not look based on price. Rents are up everywhere and cheap apts are cheap for a reason.

Old 06-27-2014, 01:45 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,771,155 times
Unsafe Apartment Complexes?
You couldn't have found 2 better ones ..... about as unsafe as they come.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:29 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
OP? Had you considered a roommate situation?

Old 06-28-2014, 07:17 PM

225 posts, read 216,860 times
I have tried to find a compatible, clean, quiet roommate, but no one wants to live in the woods, 15 minutes from Capital or 98.

Old 06-28-2014, 09:13 PM

978 posts, read 2,054,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
We lived in Mini-City for 8 years as it turned into a disaster. Milbrook Green was a total mistake. Not the right crowd and a management unfamiliar with the hidden issues of this area.
Millbrook Green was definitely a mistake. It should have stayed a soccer field. I lived there before the other poster. I believe it was around 2008. As the complex started to fill, more and more thugs started moving in. I no longer felt safe walking around at night. My girlfriend was approached twice in the parking lot after getting home from work.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:11 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThySeeker View Post
I have tried to find a compatible, clean, quiet roommate, but no one wants to live in the woods, 15 minutes from Capital or 98.
Find one elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary