Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 09:13 PM

1,697 posts, read 2,571,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
Hibachi China Buffet on Millbrook Road ...
There is also a Hibachi China in Cary, near Trader Joe's (intersection of Cary Parkway and Kildaire Farm Road).
Same ownership. Discount coupons at https://www.doubletakeoffers.com/hibachi-china-buffet

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 07:42 AM

2,464 posts, read 4,149,882 times
OK, now you have me wanting to try Hibachi.

My favorite buffets tend to have salad bars....Milton's in Raleigh or McCall's in Clayton.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:05 AM

24 posts, read 78,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabster View Post
My niece and I recently went to Hibachi China Buffet...it's in the old Golden Corral building on Capital & Millbrook.
They had a good selection of sushi and also a hibachi grill station. They had quite a lot of seafood selections on the buffet and included whole-body crabs (didn't see snow crablegs). It was fairly busy so the food on the buffet didn't sit out long. The staff worked quickly and seemed pleasant. We plan on going back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Hibachi China is the best in Raleigh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
Hibachi China Buffet on Millbrook Road, just west of Capital is far and away the best I've found in the Triangle. We too used to eat at the one on Strickland but dumped them once we found our new favorite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams_aj View Post
I've eaten there twice and liked it. Very busy at peak times. Not fancy. Thumbs up. It is what it is.
Thanks and that's perfect as it's close to work.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:03 AM

We have eaten at Eastern Buffet on Strickland quite a few times. We like the selection, and if you can catch them when they are decently busy, the food is fresh and good. But on a slow day, the food will not be fresh. My biggest complaint is during the summer months. Either their AC doesn't work, or they simply don't turn it on, but if it's hot outside, it will be sweltering inside that place. We don't even bother going during the summer months anymore. It's miserable.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:24 PM

Looks like Eastern Buffet on Strickland is gone. I hadn't been in a while due to closely watching what I've been eating. But was in that shopping center this week and noticed the restaurant is gone.

Old 12-23-2015, 01:45 PM

11,194 posts, read 8,231,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbmartin View Post
There is also a Hibachi China in Cary, near Trader Joe's (intersection of Cary Parkway and Kildaire Farm Road).
Same ownership. Discount coupons at https://www.doubletakeoffers.com/hibachi-china-buffet

Can anyone give recent reviews of this one (Cary location, specifically). Chinese on Christmas Eve is a family tradition (fa ra ra and all that...) and thinking of trying this place.

Willing to drive all the way to Millbrook and Capital if there is a justifiable difference....

Thanks in advance, and Merry Christmas to all!

Old 12-23-2015, 02:43 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,528,063 times
Buffets in cold & flu season are risky!

HIBACHI CHINA BUFFET

2909 E MILLBROOK RD
RALEIGH, NC 27604
They got a 92.5.
Wake County Restaurant and Sanitation Inspection Grades

Best Chinese buffet in Raleigh, NC

Old 12-23-2015, 02:46 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,248,434 times
I can't compare them to the other location but the one in Cary has not changed a lot for the past few years. We go there about once a month and usually get just sushi, soup and hibachi grill that is fresh made. Their buffet selection is just average imho, nothing special but not so bad either. Variety is noticably better on the weekends. We have not found anything better in the area so far.

Also personally I like their decor, it feels more warm and homey than some other locations.

Old 12-24-2015, 05:24 AM

186 posts, read 343,714 times
When I was undergoing chemo, my oncologist told me to always avoid buffets, even when totally healthy.

She said she never lets her family eat off a restaurant buffet because it's just impossible to keep all the various foods on a buffet at a safe temperature. Plus, all the germs of all the folks who passed through before you got there!

I've heeded that advice! Except when I'm at the Peddler. Just can't pass up their salad bar!

Be safe! The last thing anyone needs during the holidays is food poisoning!

Old 12-24-2015, 05:26 AM

186 posts, read 343,714 times
Gang, let's be gentle with folks who ask questions that have been previously discussed. There are always new people on the forum, new restaurants and opinions, etc.

It's not really worth making someone feel badly because they had the audacity to ask a question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary