Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 08:48 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,701,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
Thanks for the tip! I wouldn't have thought of that!
I think the coffee shop and Shorty's Hot Dogs (which is a WF institution) both have ice cream...and there is a candy store for the kids (or there was a few weeks ago....stores in that location seem to disappear overnight at times and I haven't driven by there in awhile).

However, the Twisted Vine, the wine place above the coffee shop went out of business. White Street Brewing offers wine by the glass though....and there, since they don't serve food, they let you bring in take out or your own while you are enjoying their beer.

For a great Wine and beer shop...it's not downtown, but Wine 101 in Heritage is fantastic and the owner Joe is a great resource. You can enjoy pints and wine by the glass while there. (Everyone goes to Wine 101...it's probably why Twisted Vine never did well.)

Last edited by ScarletG; 07-23-2014 at 09:07 PM.. Reason: ---because I am an idiot at time....lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 09:04 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
I think you mean Shorty's Hot Dogs.

Yum!

Old 07-23-2014, 09:09 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,701,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I think you mean Shorty's Hot Dogs.

Yum!
You are so right! I edited....wow...what a goof! The new town I am moving to has a place called Sonny's....so I transposed the two.

May Arnold Palmer not hunt me down for my error! LOL!

Old 07-23-2014, 09:22 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
You are so right! I edited....wow...what a goof! The new town I am moving to has a place called Sonny's....so I transposed the two.

May Arnold Palmer not hunt me down for my error! LOL!

Old 07-24-2014, 09:14 AM

143 posts, read 201,553 times
Apex.

Similar to Cary but smaller and cheaper. We recently moved from the northern side of Apex after 9 years to the older, southern side and are really enjoying it. There is some nice development going in out this way, but it's far enough from Research Triangle Park that it will never have the traffic congestion that west Cary and Morrisville have.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:16 AM

2,424 posts, read 3,534,727 times
"My husband is an IT guy, and a photographer....so I am sure he will be able to find work."

Bad move IMO.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:32 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenbot View Post
Apex.

Similar to Cary but smaller and cheaper. We recently moved from the northern side of Apex after 9 years to the older, southern side and are really enjoying it. There is some nice development going in out this way, but it's far enough from Research Triangle Park that it will never have the traffic congestion that west Cary and Morrisville have.
I think it's safe to say that this isn't correct, but I agree with the rest of your post, for the most part.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhm5 View Post
"My husband is an IT guy, and a photographer....so I am sure he will be able to find work."

Bad move IMO.
Agreed. We are overflowing with IT guys and photographers in these parts.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:40 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Agreed. We are overflowing with IT guys and photographers in these parts.
And "IT guy" can mean anything from a desktop support person to a data analyst to a developer to a project manager.... the catch-all term really isn't so helpful because job descriptions are always VERY specific as far as the exact experience they're looking for (I know because I just spent months looking to change jobs in the IT field).

Old 07-25-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
And "IT guy" can mean anything from a desktop support person to a data analyst to a developer to a project manager.... the catch-all term really isn't so helpful because job descriptions are always VERY specific as far as the exact experience they're looking for (I know because I just spent months looking to change jobs in the IT field).
I know! Telling me you're "in IT" is not at all helpful.

What sort of IT?

Are you a coder? Are you an engineer? An architect? Are you a network admin? Database admin? Help desk? Tech lead? Middle manager? What are you, exactly?

Each of those initial questions are always followed with "what sort of language(s)/systems/programs?"

See? It's complex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary