Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2007, 08:59 AM

72 posts, read 410,981 times

Advertisements

TYROLF Automotive shop in Knightdale gets a big thumbs up from us !!
On my first visit with them, I was without my husband, I had questions about service I had been told needed to be done (by another work shop), after looking at my brakes, air filter and so on, they actually did not need to be replaced. He could have done the repairs and I wouldn't have known the difference. A very stand up, family run shop !!! Second experience just as smooth and honest !!
I'm posting this because it's hard to find a good automotive shop you can trust and I feel I've found mine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2007, 10:12 AM

306 posts, read 1,192,808 times
Talking Thank you

That is one of my fears is not finding a mechanic equal to the one I have here in CA. My sister started with him, so when my daughter needed a car we ran the car by him. He jumped in and took it for a test drive, looked under the hood, at the oil, checked the exhaust and asked how much it was selling for and from where. He said he would buy it and that the place that was selling it had a good buyer. He charged us $0 for all that and he spent a good half hour with us. The car was a good one.

When I took my car to him because of an oil leak, he told me that it could be the oil pump, or the crank shaft or cam seal ( which I know can be expensive to replace) or the slave unit. His wife (yes they are also family run) called me later that day and said the car was ready. I was surprised and asked how much. She said $39.95!!!! I thought she said $395 at first, but no just $39.95. When I went to pick it up he said it was the weirdest thing he had ever seen. Something had flung up under the car, hit and cracked the oil filter. So he charged me $39.95 for an oil change and new filter!!! That is it!! He could have taken me to the cleaners, but no, he is honest and has a great rep in town. They have been in business for about 25 years, and you can't be around that long in a town of under 200,000 and last in business if you don't have a good rep.

I hope the mechanic you found will be around for a while, so we have the opportunity to use him.

Thanks for great info..

Char

Old 07-30-2007, 04:54 PM

72 posts, read 410,981 times
The way they do business they should be around for a long time, now days it's hard for the "family guy" to compete with the larger chains.
I'm hoping this forum will help get their name out there.

Old 12-23-2007, 07:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gubben1 View Post
TYROLF Automotive shop in Knightdale gets a big thumbs up from us !!
On my first visit with them, I was without my husband, I had questions about service I had been told needed to be done (by another work shop), after looking at my brakes, air filter and so on, they actually did not need to be replaced. He could have done the repairs and I wouldn't have known the difference. A very stand up, family run shop !!! Second experience just as smooth and honest !!
I'm posting this because it's hard to find a good automotive shop you can trust and I feel I've found mine
Thank you so much for posting this as I am very new to the area (2 months) and am looking for a trustworthy mechanic and I believe I may have found one in your post --
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary