Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 07:58 AM

4 posts, read 6,309 times

Advertisements

Hello my family is looking to purchase and new home in Raleigh and we were looking at Northeast raleigh. Can anyone provide any feed back on the Highland Creek community? Pros / Cons, Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 08:56 AM

13,371 posts, read 27,034,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther Football 26 View Post
Hello my family is looking to purchase and new home in Raleigh and we were looking at Northeast raleigh. Can anyone provide any feed back on the Highland Creek community? Pros / Cons, Thanks
Are these the Centex homes? It looks like a basic starter-home community which is fine if that's your budget. Do you know what the schools are? The map shows either Harris Creek or Wildwood Forest.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:24 AM

Yes these are the Centex homes, The schools are Harris Creek, East Millbrook Middle, and Wake Forest High. We were considering this subdivision because of the amenites. Do you know of other neighborohoods in North Raleigh that have good amenities and good schools. Example being pool, clubhouse, basketball courts, playground, etc. Thanks for your feedback. Our price range is up to $280K.

Old 08-06-2014, 10:33 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
There are some great homes in North Raleigh with all the amenities you are seeking that were built in the late 90s-early 2000s that would be a better buy.

Better locations, schools, etc.

Do you have to have new, or is that just something that appeals to you as a buyer?

Because most of the best locations have been built on in N. Raleigh and the good locations that are left tend to be building in higher price brackets because builders had to pay top dollar for the land.

Old 08-06-2014, 10:43 AM

129 posts, read 178,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
There are some great homes in North Raleigh with all the amenities you are seeking that were built in the late 90s-early 2000s that would be a better buy.

Better locations, schools, etc.

Do you have to have new, or is that just something that appeals to you as a buyer?

Because most of the best locations have been built on in N. Raleigh and the good locations that are left tend to be building in higher price brackets because builders had to pay top dollar for the land.
My brother-in-law build in Highland Creek. A year after his house was built the foundation cracked. When it did the found a 1inch gap in the hardwoods in their living room. That lead them to find out that they glued the hardwoods directly to the concrete slab below.

The amenities are nice but construction is 'questionable' and you're in the middle of nowhere.

Old 08-06-2014, 10:50 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
I've had a few buyers purchase in Highland Creek. Some purchased new and some purchased re-sale.

They like the amenities. The location is very close to Wake Forest if you go down Rogers Road so I don't consider it in the middle of nowhere!

There is a shopping center right across the street, including Al's BBQ (my husband loves their ribs) and brisket!

I think the new homes are smaller than some of the existing homes and have less upgrades so are less expensive.

Old 08-06-2014, 10:55 AM

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I dont have to have a new home Im fine with a resale. Any suggestings on other subdivison with amenities?

Old 08-06-2014, 11:42 AM

1,907 posts, read 3,228,788 times
Massey Preserve is out that way also off Mitchell mill road. It's a very nice neighborhood.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:10 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
Have you looked at Granite Crest?

Old 08-06-2014, 01:15 PM

No I havent Im going to check into it. Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary