Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 06:59 AM

7 posts, read 7,198 times

Advertisements

I have been reading about the cap on the schools in holly springs. Is this still a problem? I have kids in 4th, 2nd and one going in to kindergarten next year. Would they have a problem getting into school?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2014, 07:35 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,787,758 times
Possibly. Holly springs El is capped. And they may have room in one or two grades but not all 3. And it depends on when you move in
Best call your school of interest and ask them directly.

Old 08-03-2014, 07:49 AM

I will do that, thanks. I am wondering what happens to people who don't know that and go there. Are their children denied being in school???

Old 08-03-2014, 07:51 AM

494 posts, read 816,231 times
The students would just be assigned to attend another school that is not capped.

Old 08-03-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramel View Post
I will do that, thanks. I am wondering what happens to people who don't know that and go there. Are their children denied being in school???
Seriously?

No. They are sent to the next closest school that has room for them. Your base school should be able to give you an idea what the overflow school is.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:14 AM

I am not from an area where schools get capped so I am unfamiliar with what happens when this is an issue. That is all, just trying to get my facts straight. Thank you for your input.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:18 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,985,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taramel View Post
I am not from an area where schools get capped so I am unfamiliar with what happens when this is an issue. That is all, just trying to get my facts straight. Thank you for your input.
All it takes is a little research -- go to www.wcpss.net. Read it, and then come back and ask questions. We're not trying to be rude, you just need to understand that we get the same exact question a million times from people who haven't even tried to figure out the answer on their own.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkaMcKirk View Post
All it takes is a little research -- go to www.wcpss.net. Read it, and then come back and ask questions. We're not trying to be rude, you just need to understand that we get the same exact question a million times from people who haven't even tried to figure out the answer on their own.
Not just that but let's be real - telling kids they just can't go to school?!? Look I'm a transplant too but you'll get farther here if you think things through and put together a cogent post with all your questions AFTER you have read the thread stickied at the top of the forum. I promise

Old 08-03-2014, 03:15 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,985,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Not just that but let's be real - telling kids they just can't go to school?!?
Could you imagine? Every kid in America would be clamoring to move here.

Old 08-03-2014, 03:22 PM

621 posts, read 982,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkaMcKirk View Post
Could you imagine? Every kid in America would be clamoring to move here.
Maybe it's already happening. Would sure explain some of these relocations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: