Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 01:38 AM

84 posts, read 127,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUBiker View Post
Dr Fred Benedict. Saw him for knee pain - did some minor meniscus surgery and it feels great now. Great bedside manner, very nice guy. Recently went to see him about some other issues and after a quick visit and x-ray he assured me nothing but soft tissue issues were the problem and advised me to rest and exercise and it should go away. He's not a "let's cut this now" type of guy.

GREAT to hear!!! Most surgeons want to "cut"!! it's obviously how they make their income.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 06:35 AM

39 posts, read 85,962 times
Had knee surgery in June - Dr. Bolognesi Duke Ortho - fabulous doctor, fabulous job! Has offices in Durham and in Raleigh - had surgery at Duke Raleigh --Don't know why I waited so long-rehab was a breeze, trick was doing leg exercises months before surgery to build up muscle strength. Don't know about the insurance part, wish you luck!

Old 07-28-2023, 02:02 PM

5 posts, read 1,947 times
Reviving an old thread. Who did you go with and any feedback. I am in a similar boat and wondering about good doctors in this area for initial consultation for severe, chronic knee pain. (gotten worse w/ age,80 and stroke)

Old 07-28-2023, 02:22 PM

43,036 posts, read 76,548,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep_pounding View Post
Reviving an old thread. Who did you go with and any feedback. I am in a similar boat and wondering about good doctors in this area for initial consultation for severe, chronic knee pain. (gotten worse w/ age,80 and stroke)
https://www.raleighortho.com/services/knee/

I know several people who have had hips and knees done at Raleigh Orthopedic with good outcomes.
Married to one of them.
Dr. Isbell, who does sports medicine, just fixed Andrei Svechnikov's $60 million knee ACL.

When I think of orthopedic surgery, that is the practice I think of first.

Old 07-28-2023, 02:53 PM

25 posts, read 15,063 times
I'm friends with Dr. William Jiranek at Duke Ortho. He's one of the top hip/knee surgeons in the country and is current president of The Hip Society.
https://www.dukehealth.org/find-doct...iranek-md-facs

Old 08-01-2023, 08:17 AM

5 posts, read 1,947 times
Appreciate all the recommendations. I was wondering if any of these would entertain a "consultation" kind of appointment. Any non-surgery treatment suggestions due to advanced age (80) and pre-existing conditions (diabetes & stroke). Thanks again.. guess I will call and find out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary