Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 05:48 AM

5,885 posts, read 6,953,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
....and for that matter, if you (OP) are buying used, you might consider Carmax. Likely not the 'best' deal out there, but you'll pay a fair price, for a car that has been vetted (no pun intended), and will have a solid service program to back it up. I've not bought from them, but many friends have, and I would not rule it out for the right kind of car...
There have been recent stories about CarMax not getting recall work done prior to selling a car. New car dealers may not put a high priority on doing warranty work for a competitor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 06:29 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,575,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh Saab View Post
Will fill in the forum later on what transpired ..... it is a twisted tale ..... for now, I have called it quits with them.

I need advice on which Toyota dealer to buy from.
I don't mind other towns.

I also need to understand which towns to AVOID (with a none too good reputation) in looking for a used car.
I've had multiple good buying experiences with Fred Anderson. I do agree that their service department has slipped in the past two years but not the sales side of things. And I just sent a friend their way, someone who has vast car buying experience and walks in super prepared in terms of prices, rates and overall numbers and he bought from them as well.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:33 AM

621 posts, read 982,312 times
Fred Anderson wouldn't be my first choice if I were to buy another Toyota vehicle.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:07 PM

99 posts, read 216,487 times
I had a bad experience with Fred Anderson Toyota during the purchase of our Highlander a few months ago. The initial test drive was fine but found their pricing ridiculous, especially compared to a couple of other Toyota dealerships through TrueCar. Ultimately we went through another dealership though we did attempt to negotiate with FA - but even their dealings with a different dealer (the other dealership was going to trade them a vehicle) were shady. Unfortunately (because they are local and so close), this left me unwilling to work with them at the time and in the future.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothruaccess View Post
I had a bad experience with Fred Anderson Toyota during the purchase of our Highlander a few months ago. The initial test drive was fine but found their pricing ridiculous, especially compared to a couple of other Toyota dealerships through TrueCar. Ultimately we went through another dealership though we did attempt to negotiate with FA - but even their dealings with a different dealer (the other dealership was going to trade them a vehicle) were shady. Unfortunately (because they are local and so close), this left me unwilling to work with them at the time and in the future.
Interesting. My experience ran along similar lines.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:04 PM

4,304 posts, read 5,989,186 times
Interesting indeed. It's obviously all anecdotal, but I had a great experience with Fred Anderson buying a new Sienna a couple of years ago. They were happy to beat Toyota of Apex's prices as we negotiated back and forth a couple of times, and did a dealer swap to get the exact car I wanted at a price that was off the bottom end of the TrueCar pricing curve. Got free fog lights too when the swap they initially planned didn't happen and they had to go to another to get me a car.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
Interesting indeed. It's obviously all anecdotal
True. Obviously they have others like you else they would have shuttered.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:35 PM

99 posts, read 216,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
Interesting indeed. It's obviously all anecdotal, but I had a great experience with Fred Anderson buying a new Sienna a couple of years ago. They were happy to beat Toyota of Apex's prices as we negotiated back and forth a couple of times, and did a dealer swap to get the exact car I wanted at a price that was off the bottom end of the TrueCar pricing curve. Got free fog lights too when the swap they initially planned didn't happen and they had to go to another to get me a car.
I really wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt because they are local and it would be great to have the convenience of their local service station included in my purchase, but I was so put off by the price they offered, their lack of ANY interest in haggling (can you beat or meet this TrueCar price? 'No.' Umm... really, that's it? Not even a counter offer?), and then the difficulty in doing a swap with them. I did end up getting my Highlander through a different dealership that held up the TrueCar lowest price even though the only car they could get had more options than I originally wanted, so I was a satisfied customer in the end... just not via Fred Anderson. But yeah, I'm sure plenty of people have good experiences with them and they are the local, convenient dealership so at some point you factor in that price... it just wasn't enough to convince me this time around.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:42 PM

84 posts, read 131,843 times
It has been the most painful buying experience of my entire life.
I have never struggled with so many lies, false promises, flip-flops and if one may add, twisted minds.
There is no honoring of one's own word - even the written one!
One can clearly see in the automotive world, what unbridled consumerism can lead humanity to.
I wonder if these good men, brutally held hostage to cut throat competition, can present their true selves to their families every evening.
Although feeling terribly brutalized, my heart goes out to them .....

Old 08-14-2014, 05:41 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh Saab View Post
It has been the most painful buying experience of my entire life.
I have never struggled with so many lies, false promises, flip-flops and if one may add, twisted minds.
There is no honoring of one's own word - even the written one!
One can clearly see in the automotive world, what unbridled consumerism can lead humanity to.
I wonder if these good men, brutally held hostage to cut throat competition, can present their true selves to their families every evening.
Although feeling terribly brutalized, my heart goes out to them .....
I am so sorry to hear this, but maybe this will be a comforting thought. That thought is that you can only control what you can control. At the end of the day, you only HAVE to look at yourself in the mirror, and it sounds to me like you took the high-road and did the honorable thing. As bad as it sucks, you shouldn't have to carry the burdon of these jack-wagon people. Wash your hands of it, be grateful you are a better person, and carry only the lesson learned so you don't repeat it.

I'm a sales person, and IMO, the only thing I have other than a product, is my word, my integrity, and the trust of my clients. That is the value I present. These guys clearly don't get that, and it is their loss (as people, and in sales.)

Sad indeed. Hang strong and keep your head up. And good luck getting the right car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary