Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 09:54 AM

6,817 posts, read 9,023,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Well, one day years ago a fool from Lowe's corporate loss prevention came to that store and started interviewing everyone one at a time.

Each was accused of theft with no proof to see if anyone would confess.

My son was honest and knew they had no info even when the LP officer indicated he had video.

My son then asked to see the video. The fool then said he had none and asked my son if he knew anyone who was stealing.

Just one example of this company's inability to run a store.

Guess what that did for morale.
Wow! I guess I see your point. I would point out that staff turnover at Lowe's seems to be a constant problem. If I go there this week and go back next week all the faces will be new. There is one Asian gentleman who does bagging but he's the only one that has been there for a long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 12:09 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,124,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Wow! I guess I see your point. I would point out that staff turnover at Lowe's seems to be a constant problem. If I go there this week and go back next week all the faces will be new. There is one Asian gentleman who does bagging but he's the only one that has been there for a long time.
Lowe's was a little company not ready to be a major player in the supermarket trade.

They grew too fast and had no idea what they were doing.

Definitely made a big mistake entering this highly competitive market.

Old 08-16-2014, 04:47 PM

5,825 posts, read 6,888,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithhtt View Post
It is likely do to a future Publix store
I sent an e-mail to Publix, requesting they consider opening a store in that location. I will post, if I get anything other than a canned response.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:03 PM

21,013 posts, read 27,109,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERH View Post
I think you're correct. I grew up in Lakeland, FL, headquarters to Publix, so the store and its culture is in my blood. I had occasion to visit the Publix in Matthews on Wednesday and spoke to the store manager, who relocated from West Palm Beach and has been with the company for 33 years. Plans for growth in NC are very aggressive. VERY excited to hear this, as it really is the one piece of Florida (aside from my family, in case my mom is reading this, LOL) that I miss desperately.

Opening its 2nd store in Matthews -- the corporate headquarters to Harris Teeter -- sends a very distinct message. Publix is going to take this state by storm. I think many will be pleasantly surprised; the customer-service culture is very different than what you're used to (a refreshing change!).

Cannot WAIT for my Cary store to open!!!!
How many Publix stores will there be in North Carolina by 2024? One hundred fifty stores open in ten years is realistic; 200 stores is possible.

Publix will need to open its first distribution center in the Charlotte Division soon. With Cary opening, an eight-hour trip from Lawrenceville, Georgia to there transporting merchandise will be quite a long trek. Perhaps distribution centers in the Charlotte and Raleigh-Durham markets may be doable.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:58 AM

5,825 posts, read 6,888,620 times
Quote:
It is likely do to a future Publix store
I got a response from Publix.
"We are aware of that location, however, it is not a site Publix will pursue at this time"

Old 08-19-2014, 08:41 AM

21,013 posts, read 27,109,926 times
Default Publix

Quote:
It is likely do to a future Publix store . It won't be on the news every time a new one is proposed . You will be surprised how many go up in the area. Think of them as the McDonald's of supermarkets with way better food and great customer service!
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
I sent an e-mail to Publix, requesting they consider opening a store in that location. I will post, if I get anything other than a canned response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
I got a response from Publix.
"We are aware of that location, however, it is not a site Publix will pursue at this time"
I wonder if Publix has another site nearby under consideration for a new store. Most of the time, its stores are built organically from the ground up.

In rare cases, you will see former supermarket locations demolished, gutted and reconstructed to Publix's specifications for new stores. The stores acquired from Bi-Lo in the Charlotte region range from quick remodels to a complete demolition and rebuild.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:21 AM

810 posts, read 1,446,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdolls4me View Post
I hate it--this is my store for grocery shopping! The Harris Teeter that went in across the intersection a few years probably led to a slow death for Lowe's.
But isn't Harris Teeter kind of expensive?

I like all of them (except Kroger) because each one has things that the others don't.

Old 08-20-2014, 02:26 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,515,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonorio View Post
YES! they are very expensive, IMO.

Old 08-20-2014, 06:21 PM

2,924 posts, read 3,329,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
YES! they are very expensive, IMO.
Harris Teeter is good for sales. If you sign up for e-vic you can get additional sales. I went to Publix in FL, I was not impressed. I don't know, I find Trader Joe's and BJ's to have the best prices and quality for the majority of my everyday stuff.

Old 08-21-2014, 02:07 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,124,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonorio View Post

I like all of them (except Kroger) because each one has things that the others don't.
Some of the most outrageous prices have been reduced since Kroger bought Harris-Teeter, but not all.

You need to know what to buy at H-T and what to avoid unless on sale.

H-T loves coupon queens and passes the cost to other products such as soft drinks and ice cream. H-T produce is top quality and reasonably priced.

The coupon queens are like thieves. Get stuff free with deals noted in newspapers combining double coupons with sales.

Wonder how many of the queens shop at H-T when there are no super doubles, etc.

At least H-T is trying to get in line and is a clean, friendly place to shop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary