Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 01:52 PM

276 posts, read 648,371 times

Advertisements

We like The Glass Jug. They just opened at the shopping center at the corner of 55 & Sedwick. It's a craft beer store with some brews on draft. Nice laid back environment, and the owners are always there and they are really nice and knowledgeable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 10:32 PM

660 posts, read 1,005,964 times
Fullsteam is AWESOME - great beers, affordable, friendly people and a fun atmosphere! I LOVE it!

Old 11-02-2014, 05:57 PM

3,644 posts, read 4,494,397 times
Sam's Quik is pretty cool and you can "walk" around inside the store on Google Streetview

Old 11-30-2014, 01:31 PM

3,644 posts, read 4,494,397 times
Just discovered the Sam's Bottle Shop on Hope Valley (like 3 minutes from my apartment, so that's nice) and went inside and love the setup and selection. They had tons of European beers that I want to try soon. Also noticed they had an upstairs "patio" sort of thing? I was under a time crunch (discovered it accidentally on my way to someting but stopped in) so what goes on up there? Can I buy beer downstairs and drink it upstairs? Serve food? Could be a pretty cool place...

Old 12-01-2014, 05:54 AM

26 posts, read 32,787 times
There has been an explosion of craft beer in south Durham. Sam's and City Beverage have been mentioned but there are several other options within walking distance of those. Mattie B's has an outstanding, but pricey, beer selection and very good food. They also do all pints for like $3 on Tuesday's. Growler Grlz also has a large selection and a cool vibe. You can grab a slice of RAndy's pizza from next store and try a few pints before heading out with a growler. Weirdest of all is the craft beer store INSIDE chargrill. That place has cheap individual cans and bottles.

Old 03-30-2016, 06:24 AM

292 posts, read 371,787 times
So I've been hanging out at BCBB for almost 2 years now and finally did the brewery tour. While the tour is not very big, I think Seth does a good job educating folks on beer, and you get to taste all the current taps. Well worth the $5 per person.

Old 03-30-2016, 06:29 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wndsofchng06 View Post
So I've been hanging out at BCBB for almost 2 years now and finally did the brewery tour. While the tour is not very big, I think Seth does a good job educating folks on beer, and you get to taste all the current taps. Well worth the $5 per person.
Still love the Federal (they don't brew, just have good offerings).

If you like BCBB, also try Pompieri Pizza. Same people, same beer, just great pizza instead of burgers. Go out the back door of BCBB, take a left, door is on the right.

I agree, the beer tours are great. Our company used to charter them for out of town guests, and they were always fun.

Old 03-30-2016, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Still love the Federal (they don't brew, just have good offerings).

If you like BCBB, also try Pompieri Pizza. Same people, same beer, just great pizza instead of burgers. Go out the back door of BCBB, take a left, door is on the right.

I agree, the beer tours are great. Our company used to charter them for out of town guests, and they were always fun.
Pompieri is nice, I agree. I drink more than I eat there though and have my favorite bartenders on the BCBB side. (although 2 have now left) :-(

Old 03-30-2016, 08:47 AM

612 posts, read 1,279,674 times
Since this thread was started Ponysaurus has found their home, and has quickly become one of my favorite spots. Also, Clouds Brewing will be opening in Brightleaf Square soon.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:50 AM

PonySaurus is a nice spot too! I've only been once, but it was nice! Bull city cider works is over that way too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary