Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 10:03 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,984,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
If you have to ask if the power lines are too close-

THEY'RE TOO CLOSE.

It is time to get a realtor. Throwing darts at a board is not working.
This. But can't rep. Must spread rep love first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 10:29 AM

528 posts, read 934,591 times
Quote:

THEY'RE TOO CLOSE.

Funky Chicken, I am renaming you Funny Chicken.

That is all.

(PS - good luck to OP on decision)

Old 09-09-2014, 10:32 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,337,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkaMcKirk View Post
This. But can't rep. Must spread rep love first.
I did it for us both.

OP in all seriousness have you looked into working with a realtor? I think it would a good decision at this point and perhaps they could help you find some locations that will meet all of you criteria - ones that you have been unable to find on your own.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:03 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:

THEY'RE TOO CLOSE.

Agree 1000%. At least looking at a single-family house is more rational than expecting to find a quiet townhouse. But Ryland is still a tract-house builder and you get what you pay for. The landscaping is not too bad- one tree and foundation shrubs.

If the OP wants to buy here, I would suggest a lot furthest away from the power station, or one of the quick-move-in houses. Try Ryland's interactive lot map here: http://www.ryland.com/find-your-new-...od-trails.html

For example, I like the corner lot 0260, or the lot 0203 on Poplar Street. I would avoid the cul-de-sac streets, as the kids will be playing in them constantly.

Last edited by goldenage1; 09-09-2014 at 11:17 AM..

Old 09-09-2014, 11:42 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
Why? I drove through this sub-division recently and thought it was reasonably nice for a planned community. It's a great location if you work in RTP (and don't have children in public school).
It is certainly a lot cheaper than Cary because the Durham County schools are not well-rated. That should not be a problem for the OP who said they were a child-less couple in their 50's.

There a couple of resale homes in nice condition that are also cheaper than the new Ryland homes, and far away from the power station. If they want to minimize the possibility of losing value, they should stick with a resale home. Again, I agree they need a buyer broker, especially if they are going to deal with the builder.

Old 09-09-2014, 01:55 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_M View Post
I did it for us both.

OP in all seriousness have you looked into working with a realtor? I think it would a good decision at this point and perhaps they could help you find some locations that will meet all of you criteria - ones that you have been unable to find on your own.
I repped it again.

The OP desperately needs a realtor.

Get a good realtor, OP. Go in, talk to him/her, describe what you need and what you want to pay.

Let him/her show you places. Come here and ask us about places the realtor showed you to get additional feedback from people who might live in/near those areas.

Buy house.

The end.

Old 09-09-2014, 09:33 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
it seems so rational and easy.

Old 09-09-2014, 10:10 PM

188 posts, read 237,895 times
well..and hmmmmm
My prev. experience regarding a realtor was really bad, so I would like not to hire an agent.
period.

Old 09-09-2014, 10:22 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCool64 View Post
well..and hmmmmm
My prev. experience regarding a realtor was really bad, so I would like not to hire an agent.
period.
This is why you're going to have a hard time buying a house and getting the best possible deal.

You do not seem to understand the local market and you have a blanket distrust of realtors.

Old 09-09-2014, 10:36 PM

188 posts, read 237,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
This is why you're going to have a hard time buying a house and getting the best possible deal.

You do not seem to understand the local market and you have a blanket distrust of realtors.
Do not judge me like that! you don't know me well.
I have many reasons why I don't like the realtors
I don't have a blanket distrust of realtors.
and I am OK now I don't have that hard time to find a home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary