Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 02:34 PM

16 posts, read 32,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwu View Post
Wolf91devil, guess you are getting ready to move into your new home. I also liked the floor plan of Mungo model home. We just signed the contract there too.
Yes we moved in this past Wednesday 1/28/15! We have a Henderson A Lot 66. What model did you get and what Lot #?
We are loving it. The Durham Tax Rate was a little higher than I expected and you are taxed on what you purchase your home for not what is previously listed in their tax records. Still about $100 less a year...I will take it plus being closer to things we as a family enjoy will be better. 10-15 minute commute to work..I love it! Mungo really makes sure you are 100% satisfied before you move in. I can go on and on how good they have been to me and my family.SO LONG HWY 55 NIGHTMARE and 540 HIGH PRICED TRIANGLE EXPRESSWAY TOLL RD!!!!

Last edited by wolf91devil; 02-02-2015 at 02:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 02:28 PM

2 posts, read 2,323 times
Hi wolf91devil and bwu, Great to hear you have your dream homes at Rustica Oaks. We are also very interested in this community, BUT our only concern is the rail road next to it paralleling NC55. At what time does the train pass the community? Is the house shaking and horn loud when the train passing the community?

I really appreciate your feedback.

Old 03-08-2015, 10:55 AM

[quote=robin1111;38388019]Hi wolf91devil and bwu, Great to hear you have your dream homes at Rustica Oaks. We are also very interested in this community, BUT our only concern is the rail road next to it paralleling NC55. At what time does the train pass the community? Is the house shaking and horn loud when the train passing the community?

I really appreciate your feedback.[/QUOT

The CSX railroad line only has a transfer run from Apex to Durham (mid-morning) then back to Apex (late-afternoon). Nothing at night. It is usually Mon-Fri. This line is not a high volume train line. A very small train with one engine and about 10-20 freight cars. No Amtrac passenger trains or very long freight trains. When I am in my house I barely even hear it but most of the time I am at work. I like trains though so when I do hear it if I am at home I go outside and watch it. The woods shield a lot of the sound and the view. Soon the Ryan Town Homes will shield a lot more of it. Nothing like the NS line along Hwy 54(Raleigh, Cary. Morrisville, Durham) and the CSX hub in the middle of Apex down Old US 1 that can block the streets. No my house does not shake and if I do hear the horn I can barely hear it. I would consider this a non-factor in your decision.

Old 03-08-2015, 11:03 AM

Also speaking of Trader Joe's I can get to the one at Eastgate in Chapel Hill in about 10-15 minutes. Not as far as the Cary one. This neighborhood is just in the center of everything. Awesome location!

Old 03-25-2015, 09:08 PM

The CSX train from Apex to Durham in the morning and back to Apex in the afternoon/evening is referred to as CSX local freight F729 if you want to read about it on the internet.
It just happen to roll by at around 11:00 pm on the way back to Apex so once in a blue moon you will hear it at night.

i

Last edited by wolf91devil; 03-25-2015 at 09:12 PM.. Reason: Add text.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:03 PM

I have now heard Chesapeake and Mungo will continue to build across the bridge. I have spoken to several of my new neighbors who either went with Chesapeake or Mungo and all seemed to be happy. Sales of lots and home building has really picked up the pace and I hear prices are going up and up for those who wait.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:41 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf91devil View Post
I have now heard Chesapeake and Mungo will continue to build across the bridge. I have spoken to several of my new neighbors who either went with Chesapeake or Mungo and all seemed to be happy. Sales of lots and home building has really picked up the pace and I hear prices are going up and up for those who wait.
SPRING INCREASE...all the builders are doing it!

They've done it in the past and they'll do it in the future. Doesn't mean I like it!

I really hate it when you are with a buyer and the onsite agent tells you that you have to make a decision in the next day or so because there is a price increase in 3 days.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:23 AM

Yes it happened to me on 6/28/14 but I was ready to commit and sure enough there was a price increase on 7/1/14. Mungo just had a recent price increase of 2K.

Be prepared for a lot premium charge, also. I had never heard of that one before. Mine was 2K. I'm hearing on the Cul-De-Sac on Bremman that Chesapeake is charging like 10K! I heard this from a neighbor, not sure if it is exactly 100% true.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:27 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Lumber Daily Commodity Futures Price Chart: May 2015 : CME

Economics | Materials Trends | ENR: Engineering News Record | Dodge Data & Analytics

And, without question, the price of developable land is not softening.

Old 05-08-2015, 01:23 PM

40 posts, read 43,357 times
I don't have a home in Rustica but I purchased a Chesapeake home in Kitts Creek in Morrisville. Been in it almost a year and have had no issues. Great quality and the staff has been very easy to work with and very responsive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary