Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2014, 03:52 PM

5 posts, read 3,502 times

Advertisements

Hi! I am an intern at the Burning Coal Theatre on 224 Polk St.

We cannot use the parking lot that is right next to us unfortunately so we need to park in the street.

I'm a new driver, and not only that but I always seem to have trouble finding a space on the nearby streets (Person, etc)

I know there are regulations about some of the residential streets nearby, such as 2 hour parking, but does anyone know of a safer space I can park? Be it on a neighborhood street?

I understand this may sound silly, but I am not used to driving in a city, even if it's a small one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2014, 04:01 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,319,799 times
What time do you get to work? Parking on the street along Polk and nearby North Street is free, but you need to get there early in order to nab a spot. If you don't mind walking a block you can park all day along Halifax street next to peace college. As long as you get in by 8:30am you should be fine. No time limits parking on Halifax.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:48 PM

I get there at 10:00 am and leave at 5:00pm.

Yes that's the problem, my hours are just a bit too late haha

Old 09-08-2014, 04:52 PM

190 posts, read 276,639 times
I found Raleigh to be extremely strict about their parking regulations. I worked in the Warehouse district for a little over a year and I think I racked up like 5 parking tickets. LOL. Some of them were completely ridiculous. The City was loving me. Just a heads up. This was about six years ago and I doubt it's changed. I remember one night seeing a (drunk) guy walk down a street and pull all the tickets from a line of like 5 or 6 cars. Messed up but funny.

I always parked a few blocks away on rather deserted streets. Never had a break-in or any trouble. Just be smart and don't leave valuables in open view.

That sounds like a cool internship. Have fun, downtown Raleigh can be a really good time.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:58 PM

^ Right?? The other intern has only been here for two weeks and has already gotten three parking tickets!!

I'm thinking of parking where I'm at now at temporary housing (on Linden Ave....Thursday I will be in the official intern house on W Morgan St.) and then just walking to the theatre. I just don't think it's worth it dealing with all the hassle parking on busy streets, etc.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:30 PM

190 posts, read 276,639 times
Yeah, it's silly. They will get you if you're parked in a spot 5 minutes before it's legally available, even if it's the middle of the day & week, in front of an abandoned building, and there isn't a soul in sight. A meter-maid doesn't even have to catch you in the act, they will get you off cameras. I don't know whose job it is to look at those cameras and issue tickets, but I'm pretty sure they worship the Devil

Old 09-08-2014, 06:14 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,319,799 times
10am start time? Oh man, I got nothing for you. No way to easily score street parking at that point!

Old 09-08-2014, 09:15 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,264,529 times
if you're going to be living at W Morgan St, I'd look into walking to the R Line.

Old 09-11-2014, 05:18 AM

So I've heard that parking east of East St. is free parking, so would Elm Street be a possibility?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary