Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2014, 07:35 PM

3 posts, read 4,269 times

Advertisements

I just moved into an apartment and have never had bed bugs in my life up until I moved in that is, discusted beyond belief. Not to mention the maintanence men have helped themselves to come into my apartment when I am not home and then tell me later instead of leaving a note that is stipulated in the lease aggrement that they do upon entering my home when I'm not home. On top of that my apartment was not clean when I moved in, no necessary repairs were done and everytime I ask them to fix something they tell me we aren't doing anything else inside your apartment. Please help I desperately need to get out of my lease...........?

Last edited by Alliegrl29; 09-18-2014 at 07:46 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 07:47 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,241,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliegrl29 View Post
I just moved into an apartment and have never had bed bugs in my life up until I moved in that is, discusted beyond belief. Not to mention the maintanence men have helped themselves to come into my apartment when I am not home and then tell me later instead of leaving a note that is stipulated in the lease aggrement that they do upon entering my home when I'm not home. On top of that my apartment was not clean when I moved in, no necessary repairs were done and everytime I ask them to fix something they tell me we aren't doing anything else inside your apartment. Please help I desperately need to get out of my lease...........?
Are you located in the Triangle area?

Old 09-18-2014, 08:12 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,204,196 times
have you posted under a different username recently? this is the second time in recent memory we have essentially the same problem.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:15 PM

Yes I'm off Jones Franklin Road

Old 09-18-2014, 08:17 PM

No I have not posted before this is the first for me considering I dont know what to do.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:24 PM

715 posts, read 888,632 times
What place is this cause I have a hard time believing your story?

Old 09-18-2014, 08:26 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,204,196 times
there are portions of your lease that you seem familiar with (the maintenance men are supposed to pre-announce their arrival) and others you're not. If you did a pre-occupancy inspection and found issues (sounds like you did) then I feel certain there's a time limit within which they have to fix those issues. if they've exceeded that time, they're probably in default, which is how you break the lease.

But I'm neither lawyer, nor tenant rep expert, nor have I seen your particular lease.

The fastest resolution is probably to contact one of the "consumer advocate" reporters at the TV stations.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:51 PM

660 posts, read 1,006,110 times
Find a free law clinic in your area (many are associated with colleges and universities); take your lease in and get an opinion. I'd also make sure you have documented ALL of your issues and communications (pictures, save e-mails, voicemails, notes, etc. - write down dates and actions taken/not taken, etc.)

Old 09-19-2014, 02:17 PM

13,707 posts, read 12,418,158 times
You can likely break your lease because they entered your place without proper notice. Read your lease about that, but 24 hour advanced notice is usually needed for non emergencies.

Old 09-19-2014, 03:06 PM

1,215 posts, read 1,808,709 times
Hmmm.... I'm wondering if you're in the same complex as my daughter. She's in that area. She's having a time with leaks coming from above and maintenance doesn't respond. She's complained to management, but they don't seem to care. She called corporate, and they're beyond clueless. She's been wanting to break her lease but doesn't have the funds saved up to move. No bedbugs, though, so that's a plus.

Good luck with what you decide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: