Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 01:48 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times

Advertisements

I have noticed a few posts lately about a newer community in Raleigh called Renaissance Park so today I swung by that location and snapped a few pictures for those of you who are curious about what it looks like in these early stages of development. I don't know much about this community other than the design and layout reminds me a lot of the North Raleigh Community known as Bedford and that it is a located fairly close to downtown Raleigh. I am not familiar with the area surrounding the community so I will leave the commentary about South Raleigh area traffic, shopping, dining, schools ect.... to those who are more knowledgeable about that area of Raleigh.

These pictures were taken on December 27, 2007.

Map of the Location of Renaissance Park

The Entrance Area

Clubhouse Area

Some of the Completed Homes

(side view of home pictured above)

View Showing Area Between Some of the Homes

View Looking Down the Street

Some More Completed Homes

View of Garages Accessible from alley that runs behind the homes

Future Homes Sites

View of Some of the Townhomes

Some homes under construction

View of Downtown Raleigh Skyline from street in Renaissance Park (You can see the Wachovia Building, BB&T Building, and Progress Engery Building grouped together in the distance in the center of the picture behind the treeline)

Last edited by North_Raleigh_Guy; 12-27-2007 at 01:58 PM.. Reason: typo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 01:55 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,096,719 times
Great pictures as usual. I hope this new community (while definitely not my taste) will breathe some life into the surrounding area! It's very limited in regards to shopping and dining in the close proximity but does have the advantage of being just a few miles from dowtown Raleigh on one side and a few miles from Garner on the other. South Saunders Street is not exactly a cultural mecca, but I'm sure as more people move in, demand for more interesting dining and shopping options will increase. Looks like an ideal location for those working and playing in downtown Raleigh without paying downtown Raleigh prices.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:09 PM

3,031 posts, read 9,084,943 times
Yikes! Looks like NoVA!

I *do* like the garage in the back idea though. I just think homes with mostly blank garage doors facing the street seem so impersonal. Another alternative you see around New England is the "side loader".

Old 12-27-2007, 03:20 PM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Good Stuff, NRG!

Old 12-27-2007, 06:33 PM

18 posts, read 108,771 times
Default Rear-Garages

Rear garages were common in a development I lived in Orlando. My wife and I didn't have one but knew people with them and they actually complained about them. It makes the community and houses look nice but there are inconveniences associated with having a rear-garage house. The common alley can lead to some people riding on your grass if two cars are coming at the same time. When you want to wash your car or do work in your garage you miss out on neighbors walking in the sidewalk for small talk. Small things like that make the rear-garage a bit unattractive.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:55 PM

4,596 posts, read 11,445,190 times
Great shots, NRG! Really gives you a feel for Renaissance Park.

This was one of the new neighborhoods I liked from our jaunts about town looking at homes during the Parade of Homes. It reminds me some of where I live, in Carpenter Village, but that's largely because many of the same builders are constructing homes there. I really liked the neighborhood, but hubby hated the location.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:04 PM

1,495 posts, read 3,719,746 times
NRG..YOU ROCK!
Thank you for your effort and care - you make this a really great forum.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:29 AM

1 posts, read 7,730 times
I just moved into Renaissance Park and could not be happier. The developer also developed Bedford and Wakefield in North Raleigh.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:13 AM

9 posts, read 27,929 times
Default Great Pics!

Hey! I see my house and car in a couple of those pics. We've been in the neighborhood about a year now and really like it. Great neighbors and we hope we are going to revive a slightly less than desirable part of the city. If parking in downtown Raleigh improves we'll be set.

Some of the neighbors have set up a website - http://www.renparkonline.com - if you live in the neighborhood or would like more info on what is going on please feel free to stop by.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:33 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,947,116 times
Thumbs up great pictures

I second that! great post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALUKI_LOVER View Post
NRG..YOU ROCK!
Thank you for your effort and care - you make this a really great forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary