Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 03:00 PM

242 posts, read 795,767 times

Advertisements

There may be a female or two in that club that I alluded too a few posts back. It's definitely not a "male only" sport. My ex used to enjoy it. The hardest part of this sport, for me, is finding places to detect, then getting permission.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 05:13 AM

2 posts, read 2,914 times
I find your comments so true. Yes I have been to U Tube and watched pleanty of videos but still have a long way to go. My biggest problem is the difference between beer cans, tab tops and coins espically 5 cents as they are so close. I am in Jackson Springs where the old hotel stood and people have dumped alot of trash here. I bought my E Trac on E Bay with a wand that is removable from the shaft to zero in on an object. I am current doing research on my local area in hopes of find a site to search. Any detecting I do I try to find out who owns the area and any digging, all material is put back the way I found it. I did alot of Civil War digs outside Richmond, Va when I lived their and found all kinds of thing but the Nautlus was very simple to operate and it wasn't hard to find relics. This machine will go better than a foot deep so I find things that others have overlooked.

Old 10-14-2014, 01:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,191 times
Default Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba R View Post
Saw your request and thought I'd reply. I've lived in the Johnston county area since 1965. Have plenty of places to go including the Bentonville area, just need a buddy. Now that the kids are back in school, I have nothing but time. [mod]DM me for[/mod] my e-mail address.

[mod]Not a good idea to post your personal e-mail on a public message board![/mod]
Hello my name is Scott and I have been living in Franklin co. For a year now and looking for a buddy to metal detect with but I can't find any one interested..I know this post is old and I hope you might be interested if so contact me at... [email]nfantrysgt007@gmail.com[/email]

Old 10-14-2014, 02:08 PM

2,743 posts, read 4,823,956 times
You should start up a Metal Detecting / treasure hunters MeetUp group.
MeetUp is a website service that makes it easy to run a club. (It doesn't matter what that club does, this site helps clubs do events).
I did a quick search on their site, and they didn't have any on this subject right now.

Old 10-16-2015, 01:45 PM

149 posts, read 431,413 times
My 9 yo found my old childhood Coin Hustler 1 a couple of weeks ago and dragged it out. It still worked, and we dug up some fun things in the yard, in a park, and along a creek. Lots of fun. I completely overdid it and upgraded to Garrett AT Pro package which should arrive tomorrow.

Looking for any advice on holding my son's interests as well as any good areas in the western triangle to consider.

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-12-2016, 06:41 PM

1 posts, read 989 times
Hi I'm looking for a metal detecting club.
What can I do to join in metal detecting Club someone let me know thanks

Old 01-17-2017, 01:39 PM

9 posts, read 9,474 times
i know this is an old post but i'm hoping for a bit of luck...my husband lost his wedding ring at a park today while playing with our dog. anyone know who i could contact about help trying to locate his ring and/or about how much we could expect to pay for said help?

Old 01-17-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighGirl78 View Post
i know this is an old post but i'm hoping for a bit of luck...my husband lost his wedding ring at a park today while playing with our dog. anyone know who i could contact about help trying to locate his ring and/or about how much we could expect to pay for said help?
PM me. My buddy and I would be happy to look for it for you, NO charge.. Our pleasure.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:31 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,815,964 times
Any luck finding the ring? Please report back! Thanks!

Old 01-18-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams_aj View Post
Any luck finding the ring? Please report back! Thanks!
We haven't had a chance to look for it yet. Will let you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary