U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 07:17 PM

237 posts, read 704,980 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We are newer to the area. My husband is a numismatist by trade and a big metal detecting enthusiast. Anyone know of any clubs in the area or how to find a metal detecting buddy for him?
Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 08:16 AM

13,169 posts, read 239,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbjjbtb View Post
Hi,
We are newer to the area. My husband is a numismatist by trade and a big metal detecting enthusiast. Anyone know of any clubs in the area or how to find a metal detecting buddy for him?
Thanks.
If you learn of a club in the area, please let us know. We also love the hobby.
I do have a contact name that I might be able to send you of someone else I came across who is into this hobby. I intend to call him in the new year and see what he can tell me.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:53 PM

1 posts, read 7,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbjjbtb View Post
Hi,
Thanks.
Saw your request and thought I'd reply. I've lived in the Johnston county area since 1965. Have plenty of places to go including the Bentonville area, just need a buddy. Now that the kids are back in school, I have nothing but time. Moderator cut: DM me for my e-mail address.

Moderator cut: Not a good idea to post your personal e-mail on a public message board!

Old 08-23-2009, 08:27 PM

242 posts, read 732,068 times
There's a club that meets here in Raleigh on the 4th Monday of each month at the Ridge Road Baptist Church in Raleigh at 2011 Ridge Rd at 7:30 PM.

One of my metal detecting buddies just joined last month. The Cary newspaper printed an article about him. I'm going to try to make the meeting this Monday, which will be my first.

Personally, I'm more into hunting for old coins, but a couple of my friends are big into relics, especially Civil War relics. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:51 PM

2 posts, read 10,252 times
Default Need help finding gold ring

I was clearing away blockages in the drainage ditch at my house during the 9/6 heavy rain and felt my wedding ring slip away. With all the impediments of the drain, I doubt it has gone far, but I need help finding it. Any help would be appreciated and compensated ($$).

Many thanks,
Bob Walker
Durham, NC

Old 09-07-2011, 06:17 AM

Bob... Sorry to hear about your ring. If you lived in the Raleigh area, I'd come by and try to find it for you, myself (no charge). I'll forward your info to the club. Hopefully, someone will get in touch with you.

Bob S (Raleigh)

Old 09-07-2011, 03:20 PM

to JROBWALKER.... send me a PM with your email address and/or phone number. I already have a couple club members interested in helping you but we have no way of contacting you directly.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:43 PM

2 posts, read 10,252 times
Default Ring Found

Thank you all for the quick reply. I rented a metal detector from Sunbelt Rentals early this morning and found it immediately.

Thanks again,
Bob

Old 09-07-2011, 03:52 PM

OK.. glad you found it.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:22 PM

452 posts, read 952,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsnc View Post
There's a club that meets here in Raleigh on the 4th Monday of each month at the Ridge Road Baptist Church in Raleigh at 2011 Ridge Rd at 7:30 PM.

One of my metal detecting buddies just joined last month. The Cary newspaper printed an article about him. I'm going to try to make the meeting this Monday, which will be my first.

Personally, I'm more into hunting for old coins, but a couple of my friends are big into relics, especially Civil War relics. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Where do you all go to hunt after you meet up at the church? I just recently purchased a metal detector I thought would be fun to use on the beach but it looks like Hurricane Irene wiped most of the stuff off the beach before we got into our rental house.

Now I'm looking for somewhere else to use it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary