Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2014, 08:23 AM

43 posts, read 142,178 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I'm looking to get into Yoga and would like some detailed instruction on proper poses and postures. Does anyone know of a class or studio that offers a lot of individual attention? Unfortunately, private classes are outside of my price range right now.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 09:21 AM

84 posts, read 160,111 times
Are you located near Chapel Hill?

Natalie Sablina's classes at Triangle Yoga are absolutely excellent. She teaches on Sunday mornings and Monday evenings I believe. They are "mixed levels" so there will be people of all abilities, but she places a huge emphasis on alignment and will offer lots of one-on-one assistance during class. Her classes focus more on holding poses and getting into good form and practicing mindful breathing rather than "flow" style classes that are more fast-paced.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:21 AM

43 posts, read 142,178 times
I'm not very close to Chapel Hill, but maybe wouldn't mind the distance for a good class. Thanks for the recommendation!

Old 10-01-2014, 05:41 PM

150 posts, read 233,506 times
Consider Republic of Yoga in Cary. Nicole runs a great studio with several beginner/fundamentals classes and gentle ones as well. I found it very easy for this oldster beginner to learn poses the right way and have a class without any feeling of competition. They're at the corner of High House and Davis Drive, the NW corner.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:15 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,629,299 times
I know of a yoga instructor that travels to Cary to teach. He lives in Burlington, but teaches from Greensboro to Cary. He does private and group classes, all age groups, all skill levels. My wife goes to his classes, and my daughter takes private lessons from him, in Greensboro.

He has a studio in Greensboro - I'm guessing he uses someone else's space when he travels to Cary. naturalselfyoga.com

Old 10-03-2014, 01:21 PM

1,277 posts, read 3,548,381 times
CaryFlowYoga has an Intro class on Mondays and Fridays -- great class for getting back into Yoga or starting from scratch. The owner teaches it and there might be 1 person in or a dozen - depends on the day.

2028 Renaissance Park Pl, Cary, NC

Old 10-03-2014, 03:48 PM

168 posts, read 350,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatkay View Post
Consider Republic of Yoga in Cary. Nicole runs a great studio with several beginner/fundamentals classes and gentle ones as well. I found it very easy for this oldster beginner to learn poses the right way and have a class without any feeling of competition. They're at the corner of High House and Davis Drive, the NW corner.
I was also going to suggest Republic of Yoga. I love Cherry and her foundations class. I learned so much and received lots of help and attention. Plus Cherry is just fun.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:24 AM

120 posts, read 251,332 times
See if you can grab a class with Susan at Studiovibe. She's the most encouraging, helpful, and effective yoga instructor I've ever met. Even in a large group class, her cues are so specific that a beginner will do great, and she'll come around and offer unobtrusive individual adjustments, plus before or after class she's great to talk to for pointers or what you'd like her to help you with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary