Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 09:22 PM

1,545 posts, read 1,872,623 times

Advertisements

I will say that I'm curious as to what this new publix will have to offer, I prefer or should I say I preferred Harris Teeter over publix(when I lived in Augusta there wasn't one so publix became number one there), Publix does have some items that I didn't see in HT, and they do have better prices. Also in regards to grocery stores in general, though they may bare the same name sometimes, it's not the store it's the location. I've seen really nice food lions and then I've seen ones that look like IGA. I've seen some really nice HT's then I've seen ones that look like some Food Lions. Same thing with publix, when I lived in Augusta I would actually go to the one in Evans Ga(just 10 minutes down the road) because it was nicer.

As far as grocery stores go in general, Lowes Food has stepped there game(people are definitely sleeping on lowes), the one on cary parkway looks real nice, If you haven't been go in there, stop at the beer den and get you a few samples, fresh deli sandwiches both prepared and made to order, chicken quesadillas, a selection of pizzas, plus you can customize your pizza and have it made for you any way you want it, and baked too, good friend chicken, bbq chicken, wings, even steaks, pot pies, london broil, the sides are nice too, no fake mashed potatoes but real mashed potatoes, then there is the sausage worx station where you can get a variety of house made sausages, you can buy them as is, or have them grilled up for you before you buy them. (you can also come in and get sausage biscuits in the mornings, and a good amount of the items are local.

Any ways you all get it, they did a good job with the renovations, and there were probably done because of publix coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 10:08 PM

621 posts, read 981,663 times
I am really pleased Publix is arriving in this region. I heard they sell produce. Like Harris Teeter/ Kroger/ Food Lion/ Fresh Market/ Trader Joe's/ Whole Foods/ Walmart/ Target/ etc. Yes indeed, Publix will be filling a void.

Old 10-09-2014, 06:14 AM

1,733 posts, read 2,420,662 times
Does Publix not allow certain ingredients in their stores like Whole Foods or Earth Fare? I hate going to stores not knowing what ingredients might be in their breads, meats, sandwiches, and other prepared food.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:35 AM

8 posts, read 15,684 times
A little off-topic, but does anyone know what it is they are building next to Firestone and across from Publix on High House?

Old 10-09-2014, 08:51 AM

107 posts, read 166,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post
Does Publix not allow certain ingredients in their stores like Whole Foods or Earth Fare? I hate going to stores not knowing what ingredients might be in their breads, meats, sandwiches, and other prepared food.
Publix lists all their ingredients both on the package and online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandycouch View Post
A little off-topic, but does anyone know what it is they are building next to Firestone and across from Publix on High House?
No clue. Been looking for a sign there for a while, and there's nothing.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:58 AM

8 posts, read 15,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandycouch View Post
Posted to a different group and someone who works at SearStone says it's going to be a Freddy's. Interesting: Freddys Frozen Custard & Steakburgers

Old 10-11-2014, 07:33 AM

3,661 posts, read 3,934,898 times
Every item I buy is priced $.50 to $1.00 more at Publix than at Kroger. Meat prices are sky-high.

A couple of bags of groceries in each hand costs $50 at Publix vs. a full shopping cart of groceries for $60-$70 at Kroger.

You'll see.

Old 10-11-2014, 05:47 PM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post
Don't get me wrong it's nice, but the truth is that most people hyping it up are hyping it up because it's the grocery store they used to go to before they moved here.
I've only been to one, once. And that was last month (in Georgia). The subs were good, and I'm excited. Even if you don't like them, I don't see the harm in letting other people be happy.

Old 10-12-2014, 09:23 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,872,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I've only been to one, once. And that was last month (in Georgia). The subs were good, and I'm excited. Even if you don't like them, I don't see the harm in letting other people be happy.
Don't get me wrong, publix is nice, and more options are nice as well, just saying at the end of the day, all the hype is more so about many folks getting to go back to the grocery store their familiar with,(their subs are good, and they do have good prices on lamb).

Old 10-12-2014, 11:07 AM

5 posts, read 5,008 times
This is amazing news!! Here in Florida Walmart stopped matching Publix's bogos. This is the only reason I forced myself to even step foot in a Walmart. My significant other is a Assistant Deli Manager at Publix and we are counting down the days until we can get to the NC area.

Publix is classy, clean and they have amazing customer service. When I shop at Walmart, if I get to the register and ask where something is that I couldn't find, the cashier would look at me like I am retarded. At Publix (just today) the Manager knew exactly where the item was and went and got it for me. It is seriously the little things that add up.

I hope you all enjoy your new Publix!!! I hope to be able to enjoy one up there if we get to relocate someday soon!

Tip: Try their freshly made meatballs that they make in the meat dept. I refuse to buy any others or make my own now!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary