Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2014, 08:46 PM

450 posts, read 1,554,098 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know what will replace the Harris Teeter that recently closed in Homestead Market (Durham)? I'm kind of hoping for a Trader Joe's, but I'm not holding my breath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 09:32 PM

744 posts, read 1,263,078 times
Please let it be a Publix!

Old 10-09-2014, 04:32 AM

2,024 posts, read 5,915,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogard13 View Post
Does anyone know what will replace the Harris Teeter that recently closed in Homestead Market (Durham)? I'm kind of hoping for a Trader Joe's, but I'm not holding my breath.
I would guess Publix, too.

It's hard to imagine another really obvious, really good Publix site (so far) in Durham:

- The Food Lion on University Dr./Westgate, which is getting turned into a Fresh Market -- probably out of fear of Publix

- The South Square plaza across from Target if the renovations were proceeding, but they're paused

- Croasdaile Commons, if they hadn't renovated and gone a different path with medical offices

- The new Harris Teeter site on Ninth/Hillsborough except it's, you know, a brand new Harris Teeter

Trader Joe's has long been rumored to come to Durham. I suspect if it comes it would be to near the downtown area; south Durham is probably too close to the 15/501 Chapel Hill site.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:10 PM

744 posts, read 1,263,078 times
Aren't there some new shopping sites being built along Fayetteville St. and 751 bordering the mall? Publix at one of those sites could be a possibility.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:43 PM

2,024 posts, read 5,915,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sant View Post
Aren't there some new shopping sites being built along Fayetteville St. and 751 bordering the mall? Publix at one of those sites could be a possibility.
Pretty sure that's a new Hendrick Auto site... replacing the GMC/Chevy/Caddy dealer downtown, plus adding a Mercedes-Benz dealership.

Was going to be a Wal-Mart but it isn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary