Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 06:16 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post
I may be alone in this but since nostalgia seems to be the thing now, It would be cool if Downtown Raleigh had like a kung fu theater, think like chapel hills the varsity(prices) except it would play old and new kung fu movies and movies that kick a** in nature
I would get into the Kung Fu theater idea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 06:32 AM

76 posts, read 220,065 times
Sorry, didn't read pages 4 - 10, but my 2 cents would be a Kosher Deli

Old 11-16-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
I know I suggested a independent book store, and I'm doing it again, when I first suggested it, I thought well there might just be one, I just haven't seen it yet, but now I don't think they have one at all, as I mentioned earlier, a place like scuppernong books in Greensboro:

or FlyLeaf Books in Chapel Hill:

Something like my Alma Mater's(NC A&T SU, Aggie Pride!) game room would be cool, It was a bowling alley, game room(as in PS3, PS4, Wii, Xbox etc etc) Billiards, and Ping Pong, all in the same spot. They could even build parking stations for food trucks, while the facility it self could serve up a variety of drinks.

On a side note went down to the baxter arcade in chapel hill:

Looking forward to the boxcar bar and arcade to open(anybody know when it is supposed to?)
Went to the Baxter Friday after UNC game. Awesome place. Didn't know an out the place. If you like cheap beer and cool game. A must see!

Can't wait to see what the Boxcar will look like. Dose anyone know when they are opening. Walked by a couple of weeks ago. Looks to be coming along well. But no sign or idea when it's opening.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Another cool thing would be more attractions, not so much as like a theme park but Indoor Sky Diving would be cool, honestly while there is a spot in Raeford, I think it would do much better here.
Have you been there yet?

Old 11-16-2014, 12:04 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,929,869 times
We need some "Championship Wraslin'" down at the WRAL studios like we used to

Old 11-16-2014, 03:48 PM

810 posts, read 1,449,792 times
Zweigles Beef Balogna.

As for light rail, where would it go to and who would ride it? This is probably the kind of thing that people spend ridiculous money for and next year it's at the garage sale. Have people buy the subscriptions first, and then build it. Where they bought the subscriptions for. If there are enough of them.

Old 11-16-2014, 04:59 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Quote:
I may be alone in this but since nostalgia seems to be the thing now, It would be cool if Downtown Raleigh had like a kung fu theater, think like chapel hills the varsity(prices) except it would play old and new kung fu movies and movies that kick a** in nature
...or at least a second-run or art film theater.
An Alamo Drafthouse Cinema or something like McMenamins Theaters would be the cherry on the cake.

Old 11-16-2014, 11:27 PM

1,545 posts, read 1,874,561 times
was reading the indy, and I too think a adult play ground would be cool, instead slides and swings, it can be out door ellipticals/exercise bikes, pull up bars, climbing boulders, monkey bars, big a** climbing wall, a track, pretty much a place to work out free and promote health and fitness in the community.

Old 11-17-2014, 12:53 PM

210 posts, read 426,441 times
Verizon Fios! - Definitely

Old 11-17-2014, 01:12 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Jolie-Pitt View Post
What would you like to see come to Raleigh?
I big empty bus, to take away all the people that hate living here so much. (one bus, maybe two should be enough....)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary