Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 07:57 AM

2 posts, read 8,644 times

Advertisements

OK
Currently Living in the Long Island Area and we are relocating to NC, we love the Holly Springs (Sunset Oaks Subdivsion), Cary (West Lakes Subdivsion) and Apex (Seagrove Farm Subdivsion) areas. Does anyone know any Pros and Cons on all 3 (such as sidewalks, schools, distance to civilazation, amount of house for money, etc.)

Much Appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 12:56 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,687,108 times
Nice to see you are interested in a few areas .

Old 12-31-2007, 01:44 PM

2 posts, read 8,644 times
Mhmm we are interested in a lot of other areas bur we've pretty much narrowed it down to those 3

Old 12-31-2007, 02:35 PM

128 posts, read 412,708 times
Holly Springs is pretty central - Fuquay 10 minutes to the southeast, Apex 10 minutes to the west, and Cary 10-15 minutes to the north. There's a brand new Walmart shopping center that's just been built on Hwy 55 5 minutes away, and a brand new Harris Teeter shopping center going in right next to it. There are restaraunts and shopping in all three directions, though Fuquay is a bit older/lower income.

My kids aren't quite old enough to be going to school, but I've been through the elementary and middle school - new and a very nice feel to them.

Old 12-31-2007, 02:48 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,584,448 times
Where is Seagrove Farm at in Apex?

Old 12-31-2007, 03:03 PM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
Where is Seagrove Farm at in Apex?
It is adjoining Surrey Meadows.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:20 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,083,081 times
The D.R. Horton neighborhood West Lake is nice. It's right across the street from Middle Creek High School & Middle Creek Elementary & there is also West Lake Elementary & West Lake Middle School nearby too on West Lake Rd. I don't have any experience with the builder. The houses are HUGE! The whole upgrade thing tho bugs me. I hate dealing with production builders because I don't like NOT knowing the price of the house. Most of them come standard with vinyl flooring & carpet, and laminate countertops & everything is an upgrade.

I love close by in The Park at West Lake. The homes in my neighborhood are fully upgraded custom homes. The price includes hardwoods, tile, granite counters, screen porches, etc. I much prefer my neighborhood to West Lake personally.

The Park at West Lake has an awesome pool area too similiar to the Sunset Oaks neighborhoood, but our homeowners dues are around $300 a year. Sunset Oaks/Sunset Ridge is higher & there is an initiation fee. When we were looking in the neighborhood it was a BIG turnoff for us.

We're about 15 minutes from Crossroads. Crossroads has tons of stores such as Kohls, BJs, Best Buy, Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, Lowes, Home Depot, and on and on and on.

We're 5 mins from Harris Teeter (nice grocery store) in Holly Springs. There is a library in Holly Springs within 10 minutes. I think this area is pretty convenient to a lot of things. We're a little further out than some neighborhoods, but we choose to live here because we wanted a new custom home with a little bit of land.

Here are some pictures of the Park at West Lake pool:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a298/KellyCrash/KiddiePool2.jpg (broken link)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a298/KellyCrash/BigPool.jpg (broken link)

Old 12-31-2007, 03:22 PM

473 posts, read 1,736,761 times
WOW those pics look like an amusement part LOL

Old 12-31-2007, 03:32 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,083,081 times
If you would like me to take some pictures of West Lake or my neighborhood The Park at West Lake, just let me know. My neigbhborhood doesn't have many sidewalks, but there is a sidewalk up & down West Lake Rd. from the schools starting around West Lake Middle up to Middle Creek Elementary. As for West Lake, I have never noticed if they have side walks either.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:19 PM

2 posts, read 6,787 times
Default Holly Springs

We moved from Mass to holly springs sunset oaks in September.
We’re currently renting the house we are in till we decide were to live.
So far we like sunset oaks as there are a lot of families here and there are sidewalks.
Everything is close by and the Airport is only 25 minutes away or soThe lots can be small on homes in the high 2’s to low 3’s but they all pretty much have a lot of upgrades in them.
There is a development in Fuquay that we found that had bigger lots but it’s new so it’s not established like Sunset Oaks so tough decision there.
As far as the pools, you can just join the YMCA or other fitness clubs with plenty to do.
The development in Fuquay if you'd like to check it out is Brighten Forest.
http://www.trianglenewhomes.com/comminfo.aspx?ind=BRF
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary