Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 07:47 AM

823 posts, read 3,909,933 times

Advertisements

Realtor.com has quite a few rental listings for Chapel Hill. I'd be choosey to avoid apartment complexes with a lot of undergrads and also ones with crime problems. The Chapel Hill town website has lists of crimes in the apartment complexes by year, Town of Chapel Hill Official Website - Crime Statistics (http://www.townofchapelhill.org/index.asp?NID=382 - broken link).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 10:46 AM

21 posts, read 68,639 times
Thank you, everyone, for the replies. I think we will check out rental homes as well, if we can find one small enough. As of now, it seems like Glen Lennox might be the front runner. We're actually looking for smaller square footage. We don't have a lot of stuff, and don't plan to acquire more. Hopefully the fact that we're so minimalist will make the move easier.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:34 AM

117 posts, read 262,447 times
If you are looking at a house to rent, try Chapel Hill, NC Apartments and Houses for Rent, Local Apartment and Home Rentals, House, Townhome, and Condo Rentals, Vacation Rentals, Roommate and Sublet Classifieds :: Search Results - Page 1 (2412 rentals house and apartments for rent)

If you do rent a house, I really advise you to see it in person- there is much that you can't see from a photo. I would be happy to help you when you come to check the area out.

Last edited by ferro28; 01-03-2008 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: forgot to add

Old 04-02-2008, 11:11 AM

1 posts, read 3,736 times
Smile Child should go to McDougle school

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotabega View Post
We have narrowed our focus to the Chapel Hill/Carrboro area due to the schools for our autistic son and my desire to return to college. I'm curious to hear from those that live in the area in apartments. We're not necessarily looking for brand new and can not afford luxury, just somewhere relatively quiet and without excess crime (petty crime is everywhere, so I won't be foolish enough to say no crime). I have found a few places on craigslist that I wanted to ask about. We are looking to pay $900 or less for a 2 bedroom.

Copper Mill
Willow Brook
Cedar Court
Poplar Place
Berkshire Manor

Does anyone have any info about these places? I'd like to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly. Any other recommendations are also appreciated. Thanks!
Welcome to the area. Carrboro Autumn Woods Apts holds many grad students with families. I reccomend them I have lived here 3 years. Your son would go to McDougle School if in Elem or Middle. CHCSD serves autistic children at this location, just down the same road. This place is clean, and safe, peaceful, great staff.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:00 AM

169 posts, read 776,416 times
I highly recommend Ashbrook Apartments in Carrboro. It has a woodsy feel, walking trails, a playground, is very safe, and it feels like I live in a rural area rather than right in Carrboro. You can walk across the street to the Food Lion grocery store, a drugstore, Chinese food, and Burger King if that's your sort of bag. Yet, it doesn't have the feel of a Glen Lennox where it's right next to an in-your-face shopping center. It's very quiet. I personally live below an apartment that's just used as a model, so I never hear anything from above or from any of my other neighbors. Pets are allowed, all the apartments have fireplaces, and they have two- bedroom/two-bath layouts that are within your price range. I got mine on a sublet before I moved down here, and I have not regretted it since. It's on the J, JFX, CW and a few other bus lines. It has a very nice pool, laundry room and exercise room.

There's also a dentist and a doctor's office within walking distance (downtown Carrboro is a 15-minute walk, Chapel Hill a 30-minute walk). The office staff is helpful. The only problem I've had is that it has a heat pump rather than a furnace, so it can be a bit cold in the winter because I'm on the bottom floor. I highly recommend it! Carrboro is great for kids, as well.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:37 AM

5 posts, read 13,522 times
Default Still looking for apartment?

Rotobega,

If you're still looking perhaps you should consider Camden Governor's Village. It's a few miles out of Chapel Hill, right next to Jordan Lake, but it's beautiful. It's quiet there and very safe for families. The price might be just right for you, as well. If you're interested you can call 919-967-2766 and talk to a leasing agent.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:55 PM

5 posts, read 13,507 times
Default Cedar Court

Cedar Court is a great place for those that want to live downtown. You can't get closer to Weaver Street unless you pay double in rent.
There are 50 units, all individually owned, so people's impressions may differ based on which unit they lived in and who was their landlord. All units are the same size and have the same layout, and all have hardwood floors everywhere but the kitchen and bathrooms. They are 2bd, 1.5 bath, 2 story (bedrooms and full bath upstairs). Some units have old metal windows that need to go, others are fully renovated and updated with nice granite countertops, new appliances, etc. So the rent will vary. The complex has a nice secluded swimming pool in the back. It is a quiet complex, most of the people living there are grad students or young professionals, also a few families/retirees. You can see pics of a few units at bruliproperties dot com.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:57 AM

5 posts, read 13,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMikeJonesJr View Post
Rotobega,

If you're still looking perhaps you should consider Camden Governor's Village. It's a few miles out of Chapel Hill, right next to Jordan Lake, but it's beautiful. It's quiet there and very safe for families. The price might be just right for you, as well. If you're interested you can call 919-967-2766 and talk to a leasing agent.
You know sometimes we're all wrong. It turns out that this property is being run by a manager that really treats people poorly. Many people who live at Governor's Village are not happy with the new management and it shows. I would absolutely not recommend Governor's Village any longer and I apologize to anyone who read my previous post and took my advise. There used to be a good team who worked there, but the good ones are all gone and unfortunately some people don't have any skills working with people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary