Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 05:20 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

How much could you realistically pay for rent?

Old 10-29-2014, 06:55 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,501,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
$300/month? Including utilities? What kind of place is it?

I-40 traffic is a nightmare. Always several nitwits zipping back and forth to gain a car length or two on fellow travelers.

And, of course, the inevitable wreck and subsequent slow down.
It's a room in a house, would have 2 roommates. But that's cool, I need some friends lol

I noticed that when I was on 40. People cutting each other off to get 1 car ahead, wasting all their gas pumping their pedals like that. Just silly....and dangerous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
How much could you realistically pay for rent?
For my own place...I wouldn't want to spend more than $625 a month.

Also, kinda funny to see so many others working on TW Alexander. I bet we've passed each other on the road. If you ever see an old silver convertible Mitsubishi Eclipse it's me lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 09:29 PM

There's a place over in Brier Creek that advertises 1-br apartments for 625. Oaks at Brier Creek, I believe.

Old 10-31-2014, 03:40 PM

Anyone know anything about Kensington Something apartments near NC State? Guy at work today was telling me they rent 1br's for $425 a month, but he couldn't remember the full name. He drew me a little map of the area, and it appears to be off Kent Rd/Western Blvd intersection.

Old 10-31-2014, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Anyone know anything about Kensington Something apartments near NC State? Guy at work today was telling me they rent 1br's for $425 a month, but he couldn't remember the full name. He drew me a little map of the area, and it appears to be off Kent Rd/Western Blvd intersection.
Kensington Park?

They are like 750 and up.

Did you check out that place in Brier Creek that rents for 625 for a 1 br? That would be super efficient to get to work. If your car ever broke down, you could walk it if you absolutely had to. It would be a long walk, but not crazy long to your place of employment (if I recall it correctly).

Old 10-31-2014, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Kensington Park?

They are like 750 and up.

Did you check out that place in Brier Creek that rents for 625 for a 1 br? That would be super efficient to get to work. If your car ever broke down, you could walk it if you absolutely had to. It would be a long walk, but not crazy long to your place of employment (if I recall it correctly).
I haven't had the chance to go there in person yet, but I did look at their web site and Google Mapped it and it does seem pretty perfect! I love the location, and it would only take like an hour to walk tops...I'd honestly probably ride my bike every now and then just for the fun of it lol. What I'm worried about is move in costs...I'm sure they're going to require a 1 month deposit and first months rent, over $1200 to move in...I did just send them an e-mail from their site, though.

Looks like Duke Manor off S Lasalle might be decent...only $565 for a 1br, and it has good reviews on AR.com

Last edited by LordHelmit; 10-31-2014 at 08:47 PM..

Old 10-31-2014, 08:52 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,990,718 times
Just my two cents': I've lived in Garner for a little over a year and that is not a commute I would want to do. As others have suggested, look outside the central triangle area in the other directions and you'll probably be better off.

Old 11-04-2014, 04:56 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
I noticed that when I was on 40. People cutting each other off to get 1 car ahead, wasting all their gas pumping their pedals like that. Just silly....and dangerous.
Zip around all you want, there is no way to gain more than a couple car lengths. Risk life and limb for this? Crazy, huh?

Good luck on finding a closer place.

Old 11-14-2014, 07:06 PM

Ok I know this isn't Garner but I wanted to keep this all to one thread.

Is Chapel Hill Rd near Maplewood Cemetery in Durham a decent neighborhood? Possible cheap room there. I'm still in an apartment complex off Woofcroft, but am always looking for something cheaper.

Old 11-14-2014, 08:55 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,338,660 times
Chapel Hill Rd goes through some iffy areas. Woodcroft is fine, but you'd need to drive down Chapel Hill Rd and see for yourself. A lot of it is okay — it's a long road with a lot of twist and turns — but if it's where I'm thinking of, then it's a little iffy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary