Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2014, 05:31 PM

16 posts, read 94,038 times

Advertisements

Hi there, I am looking for a DJ class in Raleigh. I found one on the internet which is Triangledjacademy.com but it seemed to be not working any more. Thank you for your information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 09:18 PM

1,231 posts, read 3,149,330 times
Try the facebook page? https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trian...y/286692336178

I didn't know you can be taught how to DJ, I thought it was more get the equipment and start messing around in your basement until you got good.

These says everything is digital, so the machines can tell you BPM,beat match, and mix for you. All you have to do is control the volume!

When was the last time you saw a real DJ with two turn tables(vinyl) and a microphone?

Old 10-27-2014, 07:09 PM

16 posts, read 94,038 times
Hi Stantheman78, thank you for your advice. I guess I will get the equipment and play around myself first until hopefully I can get a proper DJ class which is very difficult to find in here. Could you please recommend me any popular DJ equipment! Thanks again.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:51 PM

3 posts, read 2,945 times
Are you a hobbyist just playing for fun? If yes set a budget and go to Guitar Center to play around with the toys. Buy what you can afford.

However, if you have club or radio aspirations be aware pro gear is VERY expensive. You can start on budget gear to learn but you will need to buy pro gear to practice with when you start sending out demo sets for gigs at clubs and radio stations. Just one opinion.

As for brands, if hobbyist then it doesn't matter. If there are pro aspirations start with a Pioneer ddj-sx or sr.

I like Traktor Pro software so my preference is Native Instruments gear. If you like serato then go with Pioneer DDJ stuff.

Google the above and start reading all the dj forums for info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: