Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 03:01 PM

50 posts, read 132,316 times

Advertisements

Not sure whether forum etiquette dictates responses to individual posts, so I'll try to thank all of you in a collective post.

Lauren: Not familiar with Chatham County. Will need to do some research on the schools. Do you live there?

rnc2mbfl: Don't think I could stomach a teardown. Having my basement finished was enough home improvement for me. I'm very visual, so I don't have the gift of viewing a "diamond in the rough" and envisioning the finished product. I'm always amazed when I watch those Before/After shows on HGTV. Sounds like a lovely area, but Saks and Neiman's aren't in my budget. I prefer Target and Nordstrom.

coltank: Will check out your suggestions in Durham and Chapel Hill.

sls76: Have started looking into Preston Village. The homes I've seen are closer to the 10-year mark and have some 90's features, but the test scores look solid. If the home has good bones and a great kitchen layout, then I'm willing to update the small stuff like bathrooms and appliances -- for the right price.

strobl: Thanks for the good info. Funny that you made the Stepford comparison. We hear that said quite a bit about our current community, so it made me chuckle. We also hear jokes about Desperate Housewives here, but we've found the folks here to be very pleasant. I've just grown tired of the climate. As I type this it's 7 degrees and there's snow on the ground.
Thanks for the primer on year-round schools. Is that a nightmare for households where both parents work outside the home? What about summer activities? Just curious because my children enjoy tennis and the neighborhood swim team during June and July.

raleighjayne: Good scoop about the schools. Our current district is redistricting and it's been a nightmare with the parents. Contentious doesn't even begin to describe it. Unfortunately many of the parents have been heated at the Board meetings, and the Board's inability to deal with the business matters and district's finances has been extremely disappointing. More years of growing pains are in store for this area. Sounds like Cary is somewhat ahead of our district, so perhaps some of that pain is behind them.

mdp_az: Checked out the Treyburn Club web site. Pools and other amenities look nice. Need to do some research on the area and the schools. Thanks for the tip about Durham restaurants.

Looks like I'll be busy doing research next week when the children return to school. Much obliged and keep the suggestions coming.

Signed,
rwa2go
(Ready, Willing & Able to Go)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 07:48 AM

850 posts, read 3,624,504 times
Also, check out Johnston County, Clayton in particular. We live there (relocated from NJ) and the schools are FANTABULOUS. I have 2 boys in elementary school and we're beyond impressed with the school, principal, parental involvement, etc. River Dell Elementary is our school in this area (Archer Lodge section of Clayton/Wendell).

There's a number of Golf Club communities....Riverwood is one that comes to mind. You'd be further from, the amenities of Raleigh (restaurants, etc) but in this particular area, you'd be about 20 minutes to Raleigh. We have a brand new middle school and most likely will have a new high school eventually (currently we're slotted for Clayton HS).

Lauren

Old 09-02-2019, 07:14 AM

1 posts, read 472 times
Default Neighborhood search in Raeigh area

Moving from NJ to Raeigh area. Have been looking in Raleigh, Fuquay, Clayton etc...
Does anyone have suggestions for 3 to 4 bedrooms in 230,000 range?

Old 09-02-2019, 07:22 AM

43,249 posts, read 77,010,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris914 View Post
Moving from NJ to Raeigh area. Have been looking in Raleigh, Fuquay, Clayton etc...
Does anyone have suggestions for 3 to 4 bedrooms in 230,000 range?

I think you have a lot of options in east Raleigh, Garner, Cleveland area of Johnston County.

What else do you need in a home?
Lot size?
Garage?
City water and sewer? Or well and septic tank?
New construction or resale?

Old 09-02-2019, 07:26 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,255,863 times
I think the important question is what are you looking for in a place to live. Yes you can find a home in that budget, but it may not be in an area you'd prefer to live.

What are your expectations?

Old 09-02-2019, 12:04 PM

19,425 posts, read 27,793,477 times
Where will you be working is always m6 first question.

Old 09-03-2019, 08:25 AM

27 posts, read 23,709 times
HI, many of my co-workers (with kids) bought in Apex. Parents work in RTP tech center.
One of my co-workers has 6 kids and bought a house with similar square footage as you seek in Apex; his wife also stays at home. He said he loves the kid friendly vibe there, the schools and the supportive community.
This is just south of Cary. Good luck; you have a lot of decisions to make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary