Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 12:21 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
And you all realize that, whether or not you're a fan of the Holderness material, you're making them successful. Anyone in marketing will tell you that if people are talking about your product, be it good reasons or bad, it's a good thing.
Yup!

They aren't hurting anyone. So...who really cares?!!

Bash them. Love them. Think they are funny. Think they are idiots.

Live and let live!

I do enjoy seeing these type of discussions though! It really shows parts of people's personalities and they don't even realize it!

Old 11-19-2014, 12:21 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,341,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I don't understand people that see a somewhat funny video and then say they "hate" it or "despise" it. Those are strong words.

I think it is jealousy.

If you don't like what you see online, skip it. Don't read it. Don't watch the video. But to get so emotional about it?

Too much tragedy in the world for me to get upset about a simple video that isn't hurting anyone.

Oh well.
I don't really care about their videos, I don't hate them, they have funny moments but the internet is viewed by more then just your friends and relatives so I get uncomfortable when people put their kids out there is such a big way. There are many nasty people on the internet that I would not send a Christmas card to, so I would not want them viewing a video with personal information about my kids.

I also understand they are a marketing tool but when you view it that way it is even more distasteful that parents are using their kids to market their firm. These are their kids, not actors and they are giving information about their entire family in these videos to whoever will watch. I do not think it is wise - in terms of their kids.

Last edited by Sal_M; 11-19-2014 at 12:56 PM..

Old 11-19-2014, 12:27 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
He's a decent-looking guy (great hair), but ultimately, she's the looker in that family.
In the television business that's high praise indeed!

Old 11-19-2014, 12:50 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Yup!

They aren't hurting anyone. So...who really cares?!!

Bash them. Love them. Think they are funny. Think they are idiots.

Live and let live!

I do enjoy seeing these type of discussions though! It really shows parts of people's personalities and they don't even realize it!
How so?

Old 11-19-2014, 03:06 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,603,867 times
I had no idea they were local - never really knew their names so I guess I skipped the threads.

I'm a fan of snark way more than I'm a fan of their videos (not a fan at all of their videos)

They'd have to be my friends' kids or my relatives' kids for me to really enjoy these.

I am 100% not jealous.

The dad is hot, though.

Old 11-19-2014, 03:11 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,603,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emitchell View Post
It's never hard to find a young, anti-adult-world young person with a new Thesaurus living in his parents basement ranting on one of the Gawker sites.
...or a 47-year-old middle age person with old thesaurus living in small Durham home

Old 11-19-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
...or a 47-year-old middle age person with old thesaurus living in small Durham home
Hahahahaha!

C'mon, NM. You must DM me your Gawker name. LOL.

Btw? I'm absolutely not jealous of the Holderness family. That jealousy comment was a head scratcher.

I've never been interested in any level of fame and I don't think they live in a big house...

Or that buying a Prius is some sort of accomplishment at their age. That's kinda baffling. Though a Prius is a perfectly good automobile and I admire their environmental consciousness, or what have you.

Old 11-19-2014, 04:03 PM

527 posts, read 686,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
He's not the first blogger to complain aggressively. This one apparently made Kim Holderness flip out and start collecting money for Internet bullying charities or some such:

The Holderness Family's Viral Rap Videos Must Be Stopped

My thoughts? Gotta get a thicker skin if you wanna be a celebrity.

(I think their videos suck, but not enough to blog about it... That said, I enjoyed both of those blogs. I think they're slimy opportunists who are attention starved)
to be fair to them, however, I think that there's a difference between criticism and straight up being unproductive and awful. The family isn't hurting anyone, and it seems like a waste of time to attack them.

Old 11-19-2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caarmour View Post
to be fair to them, however, I think that there's a difference between criticism and straight up being unproductive and awful. The family isn't hurting anyone, and it seems like a waste of time to attack them.
How do you feel about a critic's scathing review of an actor's performance or the performance of an ensemble in any sort of movie, TV show, etc?

Because, once you put something out there on the Internet and you plug your production company, you are pretty much opening yourself up to whatever criticism that is hurled your way.

I think that any and all criticism is acceptable when it comes to professional work, and they've set themselves up as professionals no matter what they say about how this is something they do just for "fun."

I'm pretty sure that Ashton Kutcher started "punking" his friends before he actually made a TV show out of it, but once it was out there in the public domain, it was open to criticism from the masses.

Of course, if either blogger had ACTUALLY threatened the family in any way, I would absolutely not be okay with that. I might find them smug and doofy, but I sure think that they don't deserve to be physically harmed or threatened in any way.

There's criticism and there's violence. These two bloggers were not pulling back any punches, but at the end of the day, it was just criticism.

Old 11-19-2014, 04:26 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,240,257 times
They were selling their ugly Christmas PJ's on HSN last week! Why would anyone spend $50 bucks for those tacky PJ's is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary