Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 05:53 PM

129 posts, read 186,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Every Publix store in Anderson, Greenville, Greenwood, Pickens and Spartanburg counties in South Carolina close at 2200 hours (10 pm). If Publix has a busy store in a major city, it may open at 600 hours (6 am) and close at 2300 hours (11 pm). Publix does not have any 24 hour stores. Publix wants its associates to be at home spending time with their families at night

I will second this thought. Publix expands quickly and intelligently with an excellent quantity of quality stores.

Having no loyalty cards can be a breath of fresh air. If I need fuel, I can go to Ingle's Markets, earn reward points, and redeem them for discounts at the pump. If I want to participate in Upromise and Publix Partners without the loyalty card hassles, I can pick one up at the register for Publix and earn rewards for those specific programs.
So, how much does Publix pay you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 06:31 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,787,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blocked_id View Post
so, how much does publix pay you?
lol.

Old 11-23-2014, 04:28 AM

621 posts, read 982,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
THANK YOU!!!!!
As a part time Floridian, I fail to see what the big deal is about this store.
+1. Unfortunately I can't rep you again. I hope we don't have a thread for each store that opens in the area. At this rate, they can sack their PR and marketing teams and pay CD.

Believe it or not, Publix is a grocery store, the same kind that already exist in the triangle in umpteen numbers.

Old 11-23-2014, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Does anyone know if the new ones in the Triangle will close at 11PM like the ones in Miami? That's the most frustrating thing for me is that I always seem to be needing something and realize it just as they are closing. At least in the Triangle, there are more options that are open 24 hours. Where I am, it's only Publix, Whole Foods, Epicure and FreshMarket: all of which close pretty early.
We have a few HTs where we live and I know at least a couple are 24x7. Having shopped for years at Publix in FL, it beats me that folks here would get excited about a Publix opening here. HT is equal to if not better than Publix. Be glad (proud even) you had an NC owned store that did good all these years.

Old 11-23-2014, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
If Publix has a busy store in a major city, it may open at 600 hours (6 am) and close at 2300 hours (11 pm). Publix does not have any 24 hour stores. Publix wants its associates to be at home spending time with their families at night.
I wonder how many members of the family are awake at 11pm. Maybe they all work for Publix given that the company is so family friendly.

Publix is just a company focused on the pennies like most other companies. Late night operating hours have less to do with expanding family time than with expanding the bottomline. I am glad HT is able to have 24x7 stores. 24x7 is not a pressing urgency but it sure comes in handy at times.

Old 11-23-2014, 10:50 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,872,601 times
Most of the initial insanity has died down.

My thought on Publix vs. HT is that Publix has a better bakery, produce, meat and fish section. YMMV and if it does, the answer is simple, DON'T GO.

Old 11-23-2014, 12:42 PM

564 posts, read 1,042,424 times
I was born and raised in Miami so I grew up with Publix. Now, living in North Carolina, I'll have to say I enjoy Harris Teeter equally when it comes to the produce department, and prepared foods too. I do a lot of shopping at Kroger as well since they provide good value. Harris Teeter has the freshest produce and it's a joy shopping there.

I've been to the Publix in Cary three times already. I'll go to Publix so I can get a taste of home, like so many others who've come up to NC, particularly the Hispanic community. In my opinion, the bakery at Publix is the best in the category of grocery store supermarkets around. Even though I'm not Hispanic, I love being able to get Cuban bread again, along with guava and cream cheese pastelitos. Other breads and pastries are equally superior, in my opinion, at Publix. I like being able to get mojo pork sandwiches and Cuban sandwiches also at Publix.

In general, I'll say I'll continue to shop at the other stores too, but will of course make the drive to wherever there's a Publix probably twice a month to get my fill of the goodies I mentioned. So for people asking what the big deal is at Publix, it's what I've mentioned, the nostalgia and yen for foods we haven't been able to find up here in North Carolina. The other supermarkets are great too for the regular grocery shopping.

Old 11-23-2014, 02:07 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,355,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Publix multiplies like rabbits. Pretty soon, y'all will have one at each intersection.
That'll be a challenge. I've seen Harris Teeter & Kroger set up shop down streets, alternating at each possible location for a grocery store. My guess is they are trying to "block" Publix from being able to get a foothold in certain areas.

Old 11-23-2014, 04:29 PM

1,545 posts, read 1,873,929 times
On a side note don't get the big deal about loyalty cards, other then folks just don't want to collect cards from this store and that store, and then another store, because no one store seems to ever carry everything you are looking for.

Said it before but say it again, in regard to the hype that publix is getting, is more so people getting to shop at their grocery store that they used to shop at before they moved here. When I lived in GA I would have been just like them if harris teeter would have open ed in either Evans are Augusta.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:00 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,614,769 times
I miss Publix buttercreme frosting. Hubbys bday is Thursday and we used to get our bday cakes at Publix with their yummy buttercreme frosting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary