Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2008, 09:42 AM

1,054 posts, read 3,243,813 times

Advertisements

I'm sure every city is family oriented in some pocket.
LOL
I was just wondering which city would have the most of the following:

1- family oriented areas (which subdivisions are good ones in that city)
2- real good schools (despite the reassigning thing)
3- low crime
4- shopping nearby (either a mall, or just chain stores, etc.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 09:48 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,030,382 times
Honestly, you would find that in:

Apex
Cary
Holly Springs
wake forest
fuquay varina
durham
chapel hill
clayton
north raleigh

and any other town in the triangle that I left out!!!!!

There just isn't much different, except location, in the towns. Everyone seems to love the town they live in.............

Leigh

Old 01-03-2008, 11:12 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,112 times
I agree with Leigh, you really cant go wrong with any of those.

I moved to Clayton from Raleigh (where I lived all my life) and its a totally different atmosphere. I moved here for the family atmosphere and I love it.

But again, you cant go wrong with any of those!

Old 01-03-2008, 02:30 PM

1 posts, read 4,336 times
I'm actually looking for some of the same info...specifically good schools. I've lived in Durham for about the last year and although my children aren't in school yet, I've definitely heard that the schools here aren't the best. Which of the communities in the Triangle area have the best schools?

Old 01-03-2008, 02:39 PM

2,586 posts, read 9,099,725 times
Default Do your research!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariannea2 View Post
I'm actually looking for some of the same info...specifically good schools. I've lived in Durham for about the last year and although my children aren't in school yet, I've definitely heard that the schools here aren't the best. Which of the communities in the Triangle area have the best schools?
If you've heard that about all of Durham's public schools, then you've been very misinformed. I am actually planning to move from Raleigh to Durham before my son starts school. Our move is fueled in part by a desire for a shorter commute, but we are also looking to get out of the mess in Wake County's public school system and get our son into a good public school that is not rezoned every year.

Durham has some very good and some very bad schools. If you do your homework and figure out which schools would be best for your children, you might not even need to move since Durham has a very good "choice" program that allows you to apply to schools outside of your base school.

I'd say the following are all good schools in the DPS system (and I'm almost certainly leaving some others out):

Elementary: Little River, Easley, Creekside, Hope Valley
Middle: Brogden, Rogers-Herr, Carrington
High: Jordan, Riverside, Northern

Old 01-03-2008, 03:44 PM

11 posts, read 43,059 times
You missed Hillsborough - great location for commuting to Chapel Hill, Durham, Raleigh, Burlington, Greensborough. Small town, lots of rural areas, friendly people. Housing prices rising but not yet as high as Chapel Hill area. Great Orange County schools. Lots of reasons to move here. Come visit us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary