Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2008, 02:01 PM

28 posts, read 108,023 times

Advertisements

Hey all!

It's been a while since I wrote on this board, but now that the big move to Clayton is coming up in 5 months, I thought I should get better with checking in on Wake/Johnston county happenings!

My fiance and I just came back from a trip to Clayton. We were able to meet with our real estate agent and our mortgage lender so the wheels are in motion!

While on our trip we started to make our No/Maybe/Yes lists on different neighborhoods. Some neighborhoods really stood out to us while others were not our taste. A few neighborhoods we liked included:

Little Creek Farms (off little creek church rd)
Trent Woods (down the road from little creek farms)
Clayton Pointe
Brookhill Estates

Does anyone live in these neighborhoods or have any information concerning these neighborhoods?

I'm really excited for our next trip out there (March) and then the big push to find a home (May/June) so any information would be great!

Thanks all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 07:47 PM

214 posts, read 663,725 times
I don't know anything about those neighborhoods. But, if you're open to the 40-42 area I can recommend a few subdivisions: Brentwood, Brentwood West, Twisted Oaks, Hunter's Mill, and Island Creek. The prices in these neighborhoods range from 200 to 500 thousand. I personally live in Twisted Oaks. We got 2000 sf on a 1/2 acre wooded lot for 229,000. Technically, our address is Garner but we're much closer to Clayton than we are Garner.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:04 AM

Jello,

I'll ask our realtor about those neighborhoods! Thanks!

Anyone else?

Old 01-06-2008, 10:01 AM

850 posts, read 3,625,345 times
Congrats on your upcoming move!!!

We were deciding between a house in Trent Woods and the house we chose here in Archer Lodge (other side of 70). Ultimately, we decided on this area which is a bit more rural and less developed. Though the development is coming, we felt that the 40/42 area wasn't for us. There are some lovely subdivisions there though and many very happy residents.

Enjoy the process!
Lauren

Old 01-06-2008, 10:22 AM

Did you decide on Archer Lodge? I'm still getting to know the Clayton area so I don't know which side is considered more rural!

Old 01-06-2008, 02:33 PM

850 posts, read 3,625,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG00713 View Post
Did you decide on Archer Lodge? I'm still getting to know the Clayton area so I don't know which side is considered more rural!
We did decide on the Archer Lodge area. Schools are fabulous, just love it here.

There are very rural areas in the 40/42 section. Trent Woods though is tucked in a little triangle made where 42 and 70 intersect. With 42 currently being one lane each direction (I know there must be plans to expand) and all the development between 42 and 70...it concerned us being just a few blocks from there. And truthfully, dh and I went to look at the homes on our own one day and someone was having a large loud outdoor party with blasting music. For all we know it could have been a one time thing but it was enough for us to shelf Trent Woods (along with our other thoughts on it).

Though it is a sensitive thing to us as we purchased our home in NJ in a suburb outside Trenton and the urban area expanded quite a bit devaluing our home somewhat. We still made a profit but have heard since we moved that there were 3 gang shootings right on our block (and it was a safe area). We were lucky to get out when we did. We're just uber aware of what can happen near business development and wanted to steer clear.

The more rural areas over there are south of 42 down towards Smithfield. There is some BEAUTIFUL land there. But you then have the disadvantage of the nicer it gets the further away from 40/42 highways you get. I'd hate to have to rely solely on 70, though who knows how things will be when the bypass is finished.

Its all about taking your time and really looking around and it helps to be a bit OCD about things..lol. I couldn't stop researching and searching online and honestly added to our constant physical searching it gave us all the info we needed to make a decision that was best for our family. A really good realtor is a HUGE advantage as well.

Lauren
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary