Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 05:57 PM

208 posts, read 414,676 times

Advertisements

So we work at the same place, I surprised her by asking her boss if she could have off before lunch. We left together (since we carpool) and went to a nice lunch at the American Tobacco campus, then we walked around and checked the area out. We left around 1 so that I could driver her to the surprise "spa day". She got a 90 minute massage, facial, pedicure, and manicure. Afterwards we went to a nice meal at 42nd st Oyster bar. Overall she was super happy and said she had a great time! Oh! I picked up a bunch of random desserts from Whole Foods for after dinner.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 06:11 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,768,575 times
you done good !! enjoy this wonderful period of your guy's journey. I need to get back to 42th Street for a special meal. Had a few over the years and enjoyed them all.

Old 01-11-2015, 11:46 AM

208 posts, read 414,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
you done good !! enjoy this wonderful period of your guy's journey. I need to get back to 42th Street for a special meal. Had a few over the years and enjoyed them all.
Honestly, we just discovered 42nd St about 4 months ago and I think we have been there about 5 times now and have NEVER had a bad meal.

Old 01-11-2015, 12:03 PM

2,511 posts, read 2,815,689 times
nice work! Well done!

Old 01-11-2015, 02:13 PM

494 posts, read 815,784 times
I'm glad you went with a gift for your wife.

Old 01-11-2015, 03:55 PM

1,521 posts, read 2,763,626 times
To the person who recommended fearington, what did you like about it so much that you say you left feeling like a million bucks?

Old 01-12-2015, 11:52 AM

204 posts, read 383,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post
To the person who recommended fearington, what did you like about it so much that you say you left feeling like a million bucks?
I like the Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels reference.

The quality of everything was just superb. From the service, accommodations, complimentary upgrade, all the way down to the simple fact that you feel like you have the run of the place.

We sat for two hours in one of the solarium rooms with a roaring fire, fresh and plentiful coffee, and a book. Nobody even opened the door once. The restaurant is obviously one of the best in the entire state, and the bar before dinner is small, intimate, inventive, and fun.

I could go on and on, but we have been doing a weekend there once a year for about a decade. I hope to continue for many more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary