Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 05:02 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,988,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlie5 View Post
I too am looking to move to the area. Both towns sound great. We were also interested in a large sense of community within a town. Are there certain events or carnivals ect... that the whole town gets together for? Or are these things held, but not maybe people show up?
A lot of those in Garner, where I live. Christmas, Easter, Firemen's Day, Halloween, etc. Lots of towns down here have free outdoor music series during the summer as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 07:55 AM

1 posts, read 813 times
Default In the same boat as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyingz View Post
Thank you so much everyone for all the input. I decided after much research and everyone's input to remove Clayton and Wake Forest from our list. I know I have heard many people saying (mostly Realtors) it's an up and coming neighborhood but I am seeing this phrase has been tossed around as far back as 2008. We were there in December near flowers plantation area and looked at all the homes like summerly, riverwood, etc.. and yes they were beautiful but once out of that particular areas as we drove around Clayton, there seemed to be abandoned homes, garbage etc. Garner wasn't as nice either atleast for what we are looking for.
Thanks Again, I am sure I will back with more questions soon.

Hello, we both have the same questions and thoughts about clayton and wake forest plus the school.... Seems to me either you've done as much research as myself or a little more. You've also visited the area more . We're about to go there next week to look at the areas.
What area did you decide on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary