Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 07:33 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,760,872 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I'll have to say I voted for him with high hopes that the fact he was from Charlotte would bode well for all the populous areas of the state. I have been quite disappointed thus far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 07:38 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,897,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
I get it - I just don't see the governor as a big supporter of the city of Raleigh.

BTW, I voted for the guy.
My wording may have been wrong, so my apologies if it came across wrong. That certainly would not be my intention. A better way of saying what I meant was that if one is not into watching the political minutiae, then one may not see such things.

While he may not be the single most passionate person regarding Raleigh, I would certainly be willing to do a trade with y'all.

Old 01-15-2015, 08:20 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,154,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
My wording may have been wrong, so my apologies if it came across wrong. That certainly would not be my intention. A better way of saying what I meant was that if one is not into watching the political minutiae, then one may not see such things.

While he may not be the single most passionate person regarding Raleigh, I would certainly be willing to do a trade with y'all.
Being in both FL and NC, I know what NPG is saying here.

Old 01-16-2015, 03:30 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,563,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
But rest assured, the rural legislators are going to do their best to derail the deal.
Already happening:
NC Senate leader Phil Berger 'still looking' at Dorothea Dix deal | Under the Dome Blog | NewsObserver.com
I guarantee you this has nothing to do with getting a fair value for the 'taxpayers' for the property (or insuring funding for mental health programs), and everything about simple envy about other people having nice things. If not that, it could be something more sinister.

When I see Beger's quote that “We want to make sure that taxpayers of the state receive fair consideration for a transfer if that takes place. We’re looking to see if that’s what the governor has come up with.” I read that as a stall tactic and a veiled RFP to developers that they'd better get some pretty renderings in front of the public in a hurry before this train leaves the station and a wink to McCrory that they won't crucify him if he reneged on the agreement.

Old 01-16-2015, 03:32 PM

272 posts, read 380,487 times
Supposedly we have 3 or 4 submissions to build over 20 floors downtown as well. From the Warehouse District to Hillsborough Street. (Near the Round Holiday Inn)

Old 01-16-2015, 03:37 PM

272 posts, read 380,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Yeah, I'll have to say I voted for him with high hopes that the fact he was from Charlotte would bode well for all the populous areas of the state. I have been quite disappointed thus far.
I have learned that MANY people from Charlotte (TO INCLUDE CHARLOTTE DEVELOPERS) could care less how Raleigh looks or operates....TO INCLUDE our Governor who is partial to Charlotte. If it was up to me, I wouldn't let Charlotte Developers develop in Raleigh. IMO having a Governor that's partial to Charlotte is a BAD thing. I can agree, I'm disappointed thus far....time will tell.

Old 01-16-2015, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahlee boy View Post
Supposedly we have 3 or 4 submissions to build over 20 floors downtown as well. From the Warehouse District to Hillsborough Street. (Near the Round Holiday Inn)
Yeah, I saw that. I think I read the City Manger hinted that he has no problem with the developers getting into a bidding war for the land, which is city owned but NOT blinkin' open park land. Maybe it would help cover the tab for the Dix property?

Old 01-16-2015, 04:57 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,154,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Already happening:
NC Senate leader Phil Berger 'still looking' at Dorothea Dix deal | Under the Dome Blog | NewsObserver.com
I guarantee you this has nothing to do with getting a fair value for the 'taxpayers' for the property (or insuring funding for mental health programs), and everything about simple envy about other people having nice things. If not that, it could be something more sinister.

When I see Beger's quote that “We want to make sure that taxpayers of the state receive fair consideration for a transfer if that takes place. We’re looking to see if that’s what the governor has come up with.” I read that as a stall tactic and a veiled RFP to developers that they'd better get some pretty renderings in front of the public in a hurry before this train leaves the station and a wink to McCrory that they won't crucify him if he reneged on the agreement.
Raleigh is basically run by Democrats. Political animus plays a role here.

Old 01-16-2015, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Raleigh is basically run by Democrats. Political animus plays a role here.
Cold comfort for the children, nature lovers, dogs and wildlife that might enjoy the park.
Well done elected public servants of any stripe, well done.

Old 01-19-2015, 01:08 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,160,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Yeah, I saw that. I think I read the City Manger hinted that he has no problem with the developers getting into a bidding war for the land, which is city owned but NOT blinkin' open park land. Maybe it would help cover the tab for the Dix property?
I'm sure John Kane would love to fill it with yuppies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary