Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 12:16 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times

Advertisements

I do not suffer from chainaphobia. There are good chains and there are bad chains, just like there are good independents and bad independents. Carolina Ale House is definitely one or the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 04:44 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,516,308 times
I went by after work yesterday to check it out. First off use the elevator

In all seriousness it was a nice place. The service was good with good beer specials. It's going to be a normal Carolina Ale House until spring/summer. Then it will be at least a little special. When the roof comes off and the windows come down. Overlooking Glenwood South. Then we're cooking. Also the rooftop view is pretty good. I took a picture. I'm no photographer, keep that in mind please. Quick review of downtown Carolina Ale House-image.jpg

Old 01-15-2015, 05:40 PM

1,231 posts, read 3,148,805 times
Everyone has a phone and no pictures of the interior?

Old 01-15-2015, 07:06 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,561,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stantheman78 View Post
Too busy enjoying the beverages.

Old 01-15-2015, 07:31 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,143,800 times
Quote:
Everyone has a computer, Google it!

Old 01-15-2015, 07:52 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,516,308 times
Quote:
I was too busy looking at the Bud Light to take pictures. I did get a picture of this though. Quick review of downtown Carolina Ale House-image.jpg

I would imagine it would look better on a crowded Saturday night.

One last thing. As a guy who drinks Bud. I'm glad to see a place with regular beer. Nothing against the local guys or the craft this that or the other not my thing. Glenwood needed a place like the Ale House. I like C Grace for example but sometimes I don't want a cocktail. I want a Bud while watching some great ACC action. It's nice to have a choice.

Or the Canes when they decide to show up. Unfortunately not often this season.

Old 01-16-2015, 06:21 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
We like Carolina Ale House. We go occasionally go to watch the Devils on CNN since we pulled the cable here in Raleigh. It's decent bar food, cold brews and big TV's...kind of family oriented. We'll get downtown soon and check out the new cool site. That was Blue Devils...not hockey

Old 01-16-2015, 08:14 AM

13,703 posts, read 12,413,557 times
Quote:
Honestly, it looks like most CAH's on the inside. Its Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post

One last thing. As a guy who drinks Bud. I'm glad to see a place with regular beer. Nothing against the local guys or the craft this that or the other not my thing. Glenwood needed a place like the Ale House.
I agree. They have an AWESOME beer selection, and by that, I mean they have a lot more than the IPA du jour. A good beer selection means you have more than ales and really strong tasting porters. It's a real complaint of mine that so many places up and down GW South don't have a Bud/Coors on tap, and a general lack of lagers and pilsners in general. /endrant

Old 01-20-2015, 08:51 AM

7,822 posts, read 4,561,223 times
N&O piece covering the CAH ownership backstory:
RALEIGH: Family business turns Carolina Ale House into a regional chain | Shop Talk | NewsObserver.com

Old 01-20-2015, 12:34 PM

6,819 posts, read 9,050,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
I ate at the one in Cary last week and the crappy food and service was enough for me to not be in any rush to try the downtown location anytime soon!
I agree. I think the service is OK but food is sub-par. At my local CAH, I recently had a chicken sandwich that was made very well done and almost inedible. I should have sent it back but I was in a hurry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary