Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 07:16 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,030,800 times

Advertisements

Driving home down Garner rd yesterday and it hit me. I've got 2 diners in walking distance. Toot- n-tell and Angies Place. If diners makes a place desirable then I must be in the swanky part of town.lol I have noticed however that many of the establishments that fit the diner description have limited hours. Usually only open for breakfast and lunch. The chains seem to dominate the 24 hour restaurants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 05:47 PM

224 posts, read 432,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
I saw the thread title and had a feeling it was going to be one of those "I've been here long enough to feel qualified to tell you how you're all doing it wrong" posts. Glad to see that wasn't the case, and glad to see you like the area so much!
I thought so too! Pleasantly surprised

Old 03-22-2022, 09:32 AM

6 posts, read 6,864 times
OP - Thank you for this thread. Been in PGH (currently Carnegie) since '01, and looking for a change (I really do not want to spend another winter here). Triangle and Charlotte are on the short list.

Old 03-22-2022, 09:35 AM

6,825 posts, read 9,061,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA2LV2PGH2NC View Post
OP - Thank you for this thread. Been in PGH (currently Carnegie) since '01, and looking for a change (I really do not want to spend another winter here). Triangle and Charlotte are on the short list.
This is a 7 year old thread so if you have questions, you might want to open a new one specific to your situation.

Old 03-22-2022, 11:59 AM

6 posts, read 6,864 times
Agreed. This was just to thank the OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
This is a 7 year old thread so if you have questions, you might want to open a new one specific to your situation.

Old 03-23-2022, 05:25 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,604,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA2LV2PGH2NC View Post
Welcome to the forum. Former Greentree resident here. Born and raised there. My grandparents lived over in Crafton.

We looked at Asheville, Charlotte, Winston-Salem, and Raleigh before choosing and moving to Raleigh in 2006. We liked Asheville the best, but it did not have the tech job opportunities that I required, so we chose Raleigh. Charlotte just doesn't seem to have the diverse "personality" that the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area has, IMO

Old 03-24-2022, 11:04 AM

1,586 posts, read 1,129,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
Driving home down Garner rd yesterday and it hit me. I've got 2 diners in walking distance. Toot- n-tell and Angies Place. If diners makes a place desirable then I must be in the swanky part of town.lol I have noticed however that many of the establishments that fit the diner description have limited hours. Usually only open for breakfast and lunch. The chains seem to dominate the 24 hour restaurants.
Angie's is one of the best restaurants in the county. Absolutely love that place for southern cooking. She does a great job in the community also.

Old 04-02-2022, 01:05 PM

69 posts, read 62,603 times
This area was nice all around 20 years ago. Not anymore. Too many folks now and all the headaches that came with the growth. Imo

Old 04-02-2022, 02:50 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,061,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyp555 View Post
This area was nice all around 20 years ago. Not anymore. Too many folks now and all the headaches that came with the growth. Imo
Are you from this area? What was it like 20 years ago?

Old 04-03-2022, 05:22 AM

2,844 posts, read 2,977,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Are you from this area? What was it like 20 years ago?
Everybody lived in Cary and it was 180k for a house
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary