Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 08:27 PM

9 posts, read 66,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
No $1 fee on my statements.
No fee on your EZ Pass statements as per my post, or no fee on your Quick Pass account?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2015, 09:21 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by <<M>> View Post
No fee on your EZ Pass statements as per my post, or no fee on your Quick Pass account?
I have an EZ Pass on the vehicle I use when I'm in Virginia, and there's no fee on my statements. But looking at the website, it looks like there may be a fee if you get monthly statements. I get mine quarterly, since I don't use the car frequently.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:54 PM

25 posts, read 687,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy526 View Post
A round trip on the longest portion of tolled roadway would be $6.48 round trip with either an NC Quick Pass sticker or a EZ-Pass transponder. That's 36 miles of roadway and comes out to $.18 a mile. In regular travel times it would save you ½ hour of time, easily. In the thickest rush hour times it would save considerably more. It's also about 15 miles less for the round trip.
Does one get a discounted price regardless of whether they use NC Quick Pass Sticker or EZ-Pass transponder (compared to the rates via mail) ? I called NC Quick Pass customer service number to check, but they don't seem to know, and said that the EZ-Pass (out of state) might charge same as charge by Mail. Can anyone using EZ-Pass attest to this one way or other?

Old 02-11-2015, 04:03 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFanNC View Post
Does one get a discounted price regardless of whether they use NC Quick Pass Sticker or EZ-Pass transponder (compared to the rates via mail) ? I called NC Quick Pass customer service number to check, but they don't seem to know, and said that the EZ-Pass (out of state) might charge same as charge by Mail. Can anyone using EZ-Pass attest to this one way or other?
Just clarifying ... Both the sticker and the hard case transponder provided by the NC Turnpike Authority are referred to as the NC Quick Pass, and there's no difference in the toll price regardless of which you use.

The EZ-Pass is the transponder provided in other states. The NC Quick Pass (hard case transponder) has been integrated into the EZ-Pass system. I don't believe EZ-Pass transponders from other states are billed at a different rate than the NC Quick Pass, but someone else will have to confirm.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:40 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,787,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Just clarifying ... Both the sticker and the hard case transponder provided by the NC Turnpike Authority are referred to as the NC Quick Pass, and there's no difference in the toll price regardless of which you use.

The EZ-Pass is the transponder provided in other states. The NC Quick Pass (hard case transponder) has been integrated into the EZ-Pass system. I don't believe EZ-Pass transponders from other states are billed at a different rate than the NC Quick Pass, but someone else will have to confirm.
As soon as I can get into my EZPass statement I will let y'all know. I can't remember my PIN but I am pretty sure we are billed at the Quick Pass rate.

Old 02-11-2015, 07:36 PM

184 posts, read 311,388 times
$5.84 round trip isn't that bad. We have the Dulles Greenway here and during rush hour periods the price goes up to $6.10 one way for a 13 miles toll road. That's what private ownership will get you. When they build them, they know they have you by the cahoots as there are only two other options. One is through neighborhoods nd lights and the other is a multi lane road with more traffic lights. It is the future of private toll road ownership. I don't know if 540 is privately owned or not, as I haven't read through the entire thread.

Old 02-12-2015, 02:31 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,161,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appalachianwx71 View Post
$5.84 round trip isn't that bad. We have the Dulles Greenway here and during rush hour periods the price goes up to $6.10 one way for a 13 miles toll road. That's what private ownership will get you. When they build them, they know they have you by the cahoots as there are only two other options. One is through neighborhoods nd lights and the other is a multi lane road with more traffic lights. It is the future of private toll road ownership. I don't know if 540 is privately owned or not, as I haven't read through the entire thread.
What about the Metro?

Old 02-12-2015, 04:11 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,597,631 times
I drove a small portion of the road a few months ago and I have a Virginia E-ZPass. My account was billed what the sign said QuickPass accounts would be billed.

NC QuickPass is part of the E-ZPass network now. Regardless of the issuing state it should bill at the discount rate.

Old 02-12-2015, 06:58 AM

3,307 posts, read 8,559,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
What about the Metro?
The Metro doesn't go from Dulles Airport to Leesburg and beyond. Although it will be going to Ashburn within the next few years.

The Triangle expressway is very cheap compared to most tolls on the east coast. There is a simple solution to not paying the tolls...don't use the road!

Old 02-12-2015, 07:59 AM

160 posts, read 235,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appalachianwx71 View Post
This is one of the reasons why I philosophically disagree with private road funding. States have been dragging their feet on properly funding road construction to keep up with growth rates.

If we did not already have an interstate highway system, I seriously doubt that one could be built today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary