Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 09:21 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,822,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahunaNC View Post
If they can't make out your plate number, they will guess and send the bill to the holder of THAT number. Ask me how I know! I've received several erroneous bills in a year or so.
The sensor must be pretty good, though; last time I drove on it, it was pouring rain and windy, and I could barely see the road. I wondered whether it would recognize my license plate--but it did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 09:45 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,161,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkman View Post
This is one of the reasons why I philosophically disagree with private road funding. States have been dragging their feet on properly funding road construction to keep up with growth rates.

If we did not already have an interstate highway system, I seriously doubt that one could be built today.
That might have kept our previous passenger rail system for short and medium length trips.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:07 AM

3 posts, read 2,014 times
OK, have a question...Can I just pay the toll right then and there? I don't want a bill sent to my house...If I have the cash now can I just pay it then and there? First time going through that...didn't know anything about it. I've been through tolls but not by myself.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:08 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,944,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snstrowd View Post
OK, have a question...Can I just pay the toll right then and there? I don't want a bill sent to my house...If I have the cash now can I just pay it then and there? First time going through that...didn't know anything about it. I've been through tolls but not by myself.

Nope. There is no way to pay other than being mailed a bill if you don't have a quick pass.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:13 AM

3 posts, read 2,014 times
Ok, what is the quick pass, how do I get it? Will it not send a bill if you get a quick pass?

Old 01-12-2018, 10:24 AM

430 posts, read 626,567 times
Quote:
Ok, what is the quick pass, how do I get it? Will it not send a bill if you get a quick pass?
It's a sticker (or box if you choose) that you put on your windshield. You can get the sticker version for free but it works in fewer states. You create an account for it and when it's read instead of sending you a bill it just charges your credit card.

https://www.myncquickpass.com

Old 01-12-2018, 10:26 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,379,350 times
Quote:
"NC Quick Pass is a pre-paid account used for all electronic toll collection. It is one way of paying for tolls on North Carolina toll facilities. (See Bill by Mail for the other method.) Drivers open an NC Quick Pass pre-paid account and use a small electronic device called a transponder. The transponder attaches to the vehicle and is read by antennas mounted above the roadway. Toll payment is automatically deducted from the customer's account. NC Quick Pass customers receive a discounted toll rate from non-account holders."

https://www.myncquickpass.com/en/home/index.shtml

Old 01-12-2018, 10:27 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,787,758 times
Quote:

Works like an EZPass or Sunpass if you are familiar with those, you load an account with money and then as you pass the toll it deducts it after it reads your pass.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:52 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,944,881 times
There is an EZ pass office right off of airport blvd behind the cracker barrel.

Old 01-12-2018, 11:57 AM

124 posts, read 121,512 times
https://www.myncquickpass.com/en/abo...s_Schedule.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary