Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 01:44 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,163,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
Pet fees are not ripoffs. It's a fee like the name implies, not a deposit. There is always some sort of damage after a pet has been in a rental from my experience.
That's what deposits are for. Many places now keep the fee whether or not your pet(s) damage anything. My father-in-law was a superintendent and I'm very aware of pet damage. However, this fee is usually combined with monthly "pet rent" that would cover any extra services the pets require.

One landlord we just looked at wants to keep your city water bill. pay it, and add it to your rent. Without access to your bill, how can you be sure it's done right?

These are the kinds of new landlords entering this market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2015, 05:25 PM

18 posts, read 22,042 times
I live in a small 2 bedroom but a great and safe neighborhood for 900... Cottages at Whitaker are condos but always up for rent. You may get a deal on one for 800. Look for individual landlords and not apartment complexes, it'll be much cheaper that way.

Good luck to her!

Old 01-21-2015, 09:45 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,575,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Good luck on the $800 for a clean safe 2BR. The influx of overpaid yuppies has dramatically increased rents and many new ripoff fees are being charged.

The important thing is where she may need to commute.

My community is safe and we've been there 8 years. Northridge Crossings in North Rraleigh.

Northridge Crossings | Raleigh, NC
Your posts should come with a disclaimer identifying you as someone who is miserable living in the Triangle and who spews pure bile about the area, some partially fact-based but mostly skewered and misleading.

I sincerely hope you're able to move away while you still have good years left and find a place that makes you happy (or happier).

Old 01-22-2015, 04:19 AM

43,281 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
Your posts should come with a disclaimer identifying you as someone who is miserable living in the Triangle and who spews pure bile about the area, some partially fact-based but mostly skewered and misleading.

I sincerely hope you're able to move away while you still have good years left and find a place that makes you happy (or happier).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3oO50bnlqk

Old 01-22-2015, 08:46 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,824,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricornrose78 View Post
Thanks. She's getting a job off of Duraleigh Road near Olde Raleigh. Looking at Google Maps it is Northwest Raleigh. That is where she will be working.
As others say, there are lots of apartments around there. Look in zip code 27612 or even 27613 (though -13 covers a lot of ground, and you can't go JUST by zip code).

There are also some interesting little houses on a street called "Mill Run" that are kind of like "mushroom houses" with the living quarters above a storage area--called "mushrooms" because the top floors is wider than the bottom. I know some of them are for rent. They are quite small but probably fine for a family of two if one is a toddler.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:25 AM

1,733 posts, read 2,181,102 times
There is a SAFE apartment complex in North Raleigh - excellent, EXCELLENT area. Safe, clean, well-maintained. I pay $815 for a two-bedroom. It is SURROUNDED by $900-$1000 complexes. I think this one is cheaper because it has not been renovated, while others over here are either brand new or are being gutted and renovated, raising rents. I will send you a message and tell you more.

Old 01-23-2015, 07:37 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,163,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post

The area was a great step up in 1989 coming from New Orleans.

What bothers me so much is the government's "growth at any cost" policy combined with the media thinking this area is true bliss.

It is going downhill fast but too many folks think this is a good thing. If only we could concentrate on maintaining a viable community but not inviting too much expansion by bribing companies to move into already over saturated areas.

Old 01-23-2015, 07:53 AM

703 posts, read 780,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Good luck on the $800 for a clean safe 2BR. The influx of overpaid yuppies has dramatically increased rents and many new ripoff fees are being charged.

The important thing is where she may need to commute.

My community is safe and we've been there 8 years. Northridge Crossings in North Rraleigh.

Northridge Crossings | Raleigh, NC

Can you please explain exactly how you know that anyone is "overpaid" ? Why exactly would a (supposedly) greedy company overpay any of their workers ?

Old 01-31-2015, 07:12 AM

9 posts, read 9,312 times
Thank you guys! I'm looking in the Knightdale area for her as well. I really appreciate ALL of the feedback.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:49 AM

360 posts, read 516,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
As others say, there are lots of apartments around there. Look in zip code 27612 or even 27613 (though -13 covers a lot of ground, and you can't go JUST by zip code).

There are also some interesting little houses on a street called "Mill Run" that are kind of like "mushroom houses" with the living quarters above a storage area--called "mushrooms" because the top floors is wider than the bottom. I know some of them are for rent. They are quite small but probably fine for a family of two if one is a toddler.
Wow, those look great! Love the concept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary