Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2015, 07:23 PM

32 posts, read 50,516 times

Advertisements

We're planning our move to Cary and have settled on Highcroft Elem to enroll our rising Kinder child. With three kids 5 and under, visiting Sears Farm park right in the neighborhood and having a fantastic walkable school sealed the deal for us to try to find a home there. Though I think when our kids are older any neighborhood around Cary would be a fine choice. We loved the Triangle as a whole on both our visits.

Now we need to look for rentals. Does anyone know if there are 3 bedroom rental apts or townhomes under $2K in the Highcroft neighborhood? We'll need to rent while we wait for a home to purchase.

Also ISO preschool for our 3year old. Our main priorities are half day program, play-based or project based (not too academic), and 10-15 mins driving distance from Highcroft, if possible. Everything else is negotiable.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 06:35 AM

425 posts, read 463,797 times
We have been very happy with our Highcroft purchase last summer. Good neighborhood for families with young kids, and the 2 minute walk to HDE is great. I'm not aware of any apartments or town-homes actually in the Highcroft neighborhood. I think there are only single family detached dwellings actually in Highcroft subdivision. I'm sure there are town-houses that feed into HDE though, as I know they are building some directly across from the entrance into Highcroft. HDE has a bit of an odd feeder area, as there is the attached area directly around the school, and then an area a bit disconnected that also feeds the school. The Wake County school web-site has the zoning maps. Not sure what is the detached area for apartments / townhomes, as we wanted to be within walking distance to HDE, and didn't spend much time driving around the other section.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:17 PM

OK, good to know. Yes, ultimately we also want to be within walking distance to the school but we don't mind where we rent first in the meantime. I Will look at the zoning map and then maybe Google map places in our budget within that area. Thanks!

Old 01-29-2015, 06:06 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,345,065 times
Are you looking for a half day pre-school that has no religious affiliation?

Old 01-29-2015, 06:37 AM

Half day, yes. We are progressive Christians (UCC members) but we would consider both religious and non-religious programs.

Old 01-29-2015, 06:52 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,345,065 times
There are many half day church based pre schools in the area. I am sure you could find one within 10 minutes of your desired neighborhood. I did not want a church based program so I can't give you any names. There is one on Morrisville Carpenter and Town Hall drive. I believe it is a Baptist Church, I knew someone who was happy with the program.

Non religious half day close to where you are looking would be;
Kids R Kids Morrisville
Discovery Kids-Morrisville

BTW they are opening 2 or 3 new day care centers in West Cary on O Kelly chapel, they might offer half day, once they are up and running.

Old 01-30-2015, 03:01 PM

360 posts, read 517,307 times
I think I've already given you my preschool recommendation? If not my son's pre-k experience at Discovery Child Development Center in Morrisville has been amazing. We absolutely love the school and the community of parents at the school. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have if you're interested - feel free to PM me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary