Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 11:49 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Tips

Have an email set up to correspond with that is anonymous(no name in address)

Once someone decides they want something do not give out exact address until the
day of pickup.

Bring furniture to garage ...That helps with loading anyway..

Don't go look at things at night alone..period..
Use Google Voice to get a phone number to text back and forth with people, so they don't get your actual phone number.

Also, CL already provides anonymity via their email setup, if you choose to use it.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:22 PM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
I do a lot of buying and selling on craigslist and I am cautious as a buyer also.
I would not give my name & phone number to a seller until I had
screened them some by anonymous email at first...

I have not followed through with many sales & buys because
the person could not communicate normally back & forth about the
item or I just got an "off" vibe from the communication.
Everybody has their slant.
A seller with good stuff to sell at a good price gets plenty of responses from people who are willing to purchase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 02:19 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,337,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Everybody has their slant.
A seller with good stuff to sell at a good price gets plenty of responses from people who are willing to purchase.
Agreed, I have seen this with furniture, (what I buy on Craigslist) that is well priced and in good condition. As long as it is not vintage (translation: old and ugly) and even then at the right price, you never know.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:33 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
When I used to sell stuff via CL, I would always put the items in the garage, closest to the door. When the person arrived, I would open the garage door and meet them with the merchandise.....with baseball bat in hand.

However, now that I am physically compromised, there is no way I will do it anymore. It just is not worth the risk for as little as one gets in the grand scheme of things.

Some of our police stations here have CL locations painted out in their parking lots, under the lights and with cameras on. I wonder if your area has any of those?

Old 01-28-2015, 08:43 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Some of our police stations here have CL locations painted out in their parking lots, under the lights and with cameras on. I wonder if your area has any of those?

^Great idea!

Old 01-28-2015, 09:32 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,089,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Use Google Voice to get a phone number to text back and forth with people, so they don't get your actual phone number.

Also, CL already provides anonymity via their email setup, if you choose to use it.
Google Voice is no longer available.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:47 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
Google Voice is no longer available.
My friend just got a GV number last month. Is this a new development???

Old 01-28-2015, 10:03 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,571,831 times
Maybe they are confusing it with this:

Google Voice founder joins venture capital*firm - Fortune

Old 01-28-2015, 11:40 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,337,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post

^Great idea!
That is a great idea.

Old 01-28-2015, 04:05 PM

528 posts, read 934,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post

^Great idea!
That is a great idea!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary