Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 08:39 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times

Advertisements

So most have heard at this point that Rise (currently located in Southpoint area of Durham) is franchising and opening a second location in Morrisville. Well today they announced on their Facebook page they just signed a deal to open another location in Midtown Raleigh. No details on the exact location yet.

Rise Biscuits and Donuts - : Rise Biscuits and Donuts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2015, 11:09 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,165,301 times
i just have to wonder how long the designer donut fad will last. I just can't imagine that it's a good long term business model. I also find it odd that designer donuts are paired with biscuits. Lastly, I question a business model that closes up daily at 2PM. Why not hot fresh donuts made later in the day to take to a party? Who'd complain about that? Why not a hot biscuit (insert preferred sandwich meats and cheese here) in the evening for a quick dinner on the go?

Old 01-31-2015, 05:30 PM

162 posts, read 213,163 times
Yum! I hope they're coming to North Hills. Plenty of lunch only restaurants exist. Mecca served just breakfast and lunch for years and years. It's hard to argue with their success. Big Eds and Broken Egg come to mind too.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:21 PM

1,155 posts, read 2,237,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
i just have to wonder how long the designer donut fad will last. I just can't imagine that it's a good long term business model. I also find it odd that designer donuts are paired with biscuits. Lastly, I question a business model that closes up daily at 2PM. Why not hot fresh donuts made later in the day to take to a party? Who'd complain about that? Why not a hot biscuit (insert preferred sandwich meats and cheese here) in the evening for a quick dinner on the go?
If you question a business model that serves biscuits and closes at 2pm I take it you've never been to biscuitville?

Old 01-31-2015, 10:06 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,165,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1972 View Post
If you question a business model that serves biscuits and closes at 2pm I take it you've never been to biscuitville?
I have been to Biscuitville but it's been there forever and I don't know their financial arrangement on the property. For all I know, they own it. To plop down a business in pricey north hills and close for half the day would mean that one has to sell the living daylights out of product during the early daytime.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:07 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times
Quote:
I have been to Biscuitville but it's been there forever and I don't know their financial arrangement on the property. For all I know, they own it. To plop down a business in pricey north hills and close for half the day would mean that one has to sell the living daylights out of product during the early daytime.
FWIW, if you ever stop by the Southpoint location "selling the living day lights out of the product during the early daytime" is pretty much exactly what they do.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:57 AM

1,521 posts, read 2,765,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
FWIW, if you ever stop by the Southpoint location "selling the living day lights out of the product during the early daytime" is pretty much exactly what they do.
Boom.
Nevermind the fact that their overhead is less, with fewer skus, the model actually is quite simple and effective. if you're suggesting they stay open to cater to the small % of ppl (incl me, fwiw) buying a breakfast sandwich for dinner...well, I don't think you should be questioning anyone's business model, no offense

Old 02-01-2015, 10:32 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,580,857 times
Quote:
What in the heck is a designer donut? Donuts other than Krispy Kreme's glazed are in existence? Blasphemy!

And you can get your 9pm breakfast biscuit with the meats you prefer at your nearest Bojangles!

Old 02-01-2015, 10:53 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,929,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post

And you can get your 9pm breakfast biscuit with the meats you prefer at your nearest Bojangles!
We already have two Bo's in Midtown selling the daylights out of good biscuits at 5:30 in the morning. I got a bacon and egg biscuit this morning from Biscuitville( another Midtown biscuit joint)I look forward to visiting Rise when they open, but they're going to have their work cut out for them.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:20 PM

1,521 posts, read 2,765,612 times
Biscuitville/Bojangles despite also selling biscuits, are not overlapping from a demographics perspective for Rise, really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary