Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 07:54 AM

2,904 posts, read 5,909,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyesnow View Post
that is too much of a northern thing to do!
Given your forum name, I would think you are banned from posting until this blows over?

(Joking of course. Happy to have your input any time, regardless of weather)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 09:09 AM

116 posts, read 172,369 times
Well a car just slammed into my bins and sent them flying. That's one way to deal with it!

Old 02-24-2015, 09:11 AM

2,904 posts, read 5,909,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentP View Post
Well a car just slammed into my bins and sent them flying. That's one way to deal with it!
Garbage problem: Solved!

Old 02-24-2015, 09:12 AM

449 posts, read 698,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentP View Post
Maybe we shouldn't have brought our bins back in when they called off collection last week...

Just think of the mess! All the neighborhood dogs (and there are a lot of dogs here!) would have a scent field day ;-)

Old 02-24-2015, 02:57 PM

397 posts, read 803,941 times
They should have run trucks when the weather got a little better last week. If they knew a storm was coming this week, they should have planned for it.

But hey...at least it's freezing outside and it ain't stinking up the joint. 😛

Old 02-24-2015, 02:59 PM

449 posts, read 698,400 times
Couldn't find this thread earlier, sorry for repost, but it should be here too. Got this email from City of Raleigh about 30 minutes ago:

Email from City of Raleigh...

Quote:
Dear Customer,

Multiple City departments will work together to collect garbage on Wednesday, February 25. If weather conditions allow, City crews will finish Tuesday's routes on Wednesday. They should also complete much, if not all, of Wednesday's routes.

Solid Waste Services customers who normally receive garbage collection on Wednesday are asked to place carts and overflow materials at the curb. Employees from the City's Public Works, Public Utilities and Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources department will assist in collecting the overflow garbage. Be mindful that the crew that collects your garbage cart may not be the same crew that collects overflow garbage. Please leave your garbage at the curb so that it can be collected. Unusual collection patterns will continue until crews can return to a normal schedule.

You can find information about other City functions affected by today's weather here. Please forward this email to neighbors, friends, and coworkers, and encourage them to sign up for MyRaleigh Subscriptions on the City website. Timely updates are also shared on Twitter; follow us at @RaleighGoGreen.
So sounds like all available able-bodied city employees will be helping get the garbage...

Our pickup day is Thursday, which may look worse than today, especially if there's some sleet involved.

Old 02-27-2015, 06:16 AM

Still no trash pickup at my house yet. We're going into week #3 for me with no service.

Old 02-27-2015, 06:25 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,890,188 times
It's getting about time to break out the burn barrel.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:39 AM

286 posts, read 748,385 times
My trash was picked up on Tuesday my normal collection day. However, my yard waste bin was not emptied (which was beside my trash bin), so it still sits by the curb along side the pile of snow covered leaves which has yet to be collected due to weather delays.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:48 PM

They finally picked up mine today. Both the regular and recycling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary