Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2015, 12:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,546 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My husband has worked for a company in Mebane for several years and we are considering now moving for his job. We currently live in the Minneapolis metro area and have 4 children. Our children's ages range from 10years, 9 years, 7 years, 2. Our children attend a private school in mn but we would consider public if we move. It looks like pittsborough and hillsborough you can get more land and square footage for your money but I wonder about the schools. I know that Chapel hill seems a bit higher but we here the schools are better. I would love to hear people's opinions on these areas. Also we would love a new or newer build house in a swim and tennis type community. We were thinking this might be a good way to meet people too. I saw these types of communities in pittsborough and Chapel hill but had not run a across them when looking at Hillsborough, do they exist? Thank you for any information you can provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 03:21 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,333,920 times
Yes, you can find those communities in Hillsborough, You can find them in Mebane, too. Will he be working in Mebane again? Part of Mebane is in Alamance County and part is in Orange County. The Orange County Schools are also highly regarded, but Alamance/Burlington Schools are not. Hillsborough is Orange County Schools also. Pittsboro is Chatham County Schools and they're pretty good, too.

Old 02-20-2015, 05:23 PM

9,777 posts, read 15,786,780 times
If you work in Mebane, Hillsborough would be very convenient. When we looked there we really liked a neighborhood called Churton Grove. It's a newer community with a pool and seems very family friendly. When we drove through, people seemed nice and waved, etc. Prices were also very reasonable compared to Chapel Hill. We ultimately didn't choose it for a number of reasons that it wasn't a good fit for us, but I think it would be a great fit for other people. And downtown Hillsborough is super cute with a library, farmer's market in season, a healthy food co-op, several restaurants, etc. They recently opened a Riverwalk Trail in Hillsborough which is very nice. I think you'd really like the area! Pittsboro is cute but Hillsborough is much bigger with more to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary