Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2015, 08:06 AM

2,905 posts, read 5,921,554 times

Advertisements

It lightened up a bit here but is now back to pretty heavy. Radar shows at least another hour or two if not more:

WunderMap® | Interactive Weather Map and Radar | Weather Underground

Select 5x / last 2 hours / then Play to see the animation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 08:08 AM

606 posts, read 903,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyesnow View Post
Why do people do this?
My thought: Northern drivers trying to say go faster. that is just my opinion and as a northern native I CAN drive in the snow, when the city properly salts the roads. because that is not done here, I am NOT going to drive like I would in WI!
I had this happen to me the other day too but I didnt speed up for the bozo behind me.
Because people suck? Everyone is so impatient these days and just out for themselves they can't think about anything else it seems.

I'm also a Northern but I honestly think it's a wide mix of folks doing it. I've been in the car with some of the guys from work and they are native, and they love to tailgate. Same with a friend from CA. Maybe because she's used to bumper to bumper traffic? Who knows. but it really was making me mad this morning. I had a wide berth between me and the car in front of me and I could see up ahead that cars were sliding. This guy just wanted to ride my butt (and he didn't even pull my hair). So annoying.

Old 02-24-2015, 08:09 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,333,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
Chapel Hill-Carrboro Schools totally blew it, and I'm not saying that as a Monday morning quarterback.
I do not understand why they didn't call a 2-hour delay, which is what was appropriate based on the amount of snow that was falling outside early this morning.
I don't know, either. I saw someone else on facebook trying to be an apologist for them saying it wasn't that bad this morning, but if every other school system around is on a delay and then closed then they could have made that same call. I think they were trying to avoid a make-up day on Saturday. Glad I kept my kid home.

Still coming down!

Old 02-24-2015, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflies1375 View Post
This guy just wanted to ride my butt (and he didn't even pull my hair). So annoying.
This is perhaps the absolute best comment I have ever seen on this board. Major rep points for this!

Old 02-24-2015, 08:13 AM

1,231 posts, read 3,149,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weblackey View Post
DH slipped and fell on his back twice while attempting to chip ice off our walkway and sidewalk. He's been doing better with ibuprofen and heating pad, but may have to skip hockey this week

And he grew up in MA. It was awful here. We still have some ice in places.

What does DH mean?

Old 02-24-2015, 08:14 AM

43,280 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stantheman78 View Post
What does DH mean?
"Da Hubby"

Old 02-24-2015, 08:15 AM

449 posts, read 699,855 times
At least here looks like we're at the 1" forecasted.

And it's still snowing but looks finer.

Old 02-24-2015, 08:15 AM

Dear Husband

There is also DD (daughter), DS (son), etc.

Tends to be common on the forums.

Old 02-24-2015, 08:18 AM

449 posts, read 699,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUBiker View Post
Dear Husband

Yup. And there's MIL, FIL, SIL, BIL, DIL (in-laws).

Old 02-24-2015, 08:18 AM

606 posts, read 903,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUBiker View Post
Dear Husband

"Dear" can be substituted for other words as well but the word censor will probably block me from using them. I read DH, DW, etc... in context of the post and then substitute would the poster might have really been thinking at the time.

Yes, I'm a little evil today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary