Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 08:37 AM

3,155 posts, read 10,756,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich6896 View Post
The only two times my in-laws visited us it poured. They're coming this weekend. I think I prefer the drought .
We'll buy a beer or a coffee for your suffering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 08:52 AM

959 posts, read 4,493,348 times
I could make a pediatrician appointment. It always rains when we have to go to one of those. Puts the boys in a great mood for their shots

Old 01-11-2008, 09:13 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,087,779 times
NRG:

Here's what you need to do.

1. Arrange for your parents to come for an extended stay.
2. Wash your car the day before they get here and the day after they leave.
3. Make sure PDXMom's kids come over to draw on your driveway.

End of drought. No problem!

Old 01-11-2008, 10:49 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,342,526 times
I shall try the chalk approach! Now what to draw.....hmmmmm......starting with some sun and some patchy clouds....move to 2nd sidewalk....bit darker clouds and only partial sun (now is it mostly cloudy or mostly sunny??)....move to sidewalk 3....WOW that is the Driveway sidewalk.....its a big one too! Running for more chalk.......ah...now covering up sidewalk with big dark clouds and touch of lightning even. Neighbor looking out wondering if I had an art permit or something....puzzled look on their face. Then some spots of rain dancing down onto the sidewalk art. Moving to sidewalk 4...still raining pretty strongly I might add. Just drew a raincoat and boots before I really got wet. What is that on the horizon of my sidewalk art, the bow of a boat coming to rescue me from my chalk made floor, or wait....no its the nose of Skippy the neighborhood dog, he too wants to get wet I guess. Moving to sidewalk 5...ahh there is that sun again and the North Carolina blue sky!

Thanks for the ideal rain shower even if it was only on my sidewalk art!

Happy Friday all!

Old 01-11-2008, 11:06 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,938,373 times
My parents moved here from MD on December 14th and that is when the rain started coming. I am going to say it was them in addition to chalk drawings, car washes and a little dance I performed when we saw that our sod was being laid at the new house. I wonder if that's why my neighbors have not come by to introduce themselves?

Old 01-11-2008, 06:04 PM

579 posts, read 2,863,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXmom View Post
Everytime my children or the neighbor kids break out the sidewalk chalk it rains within a couple of days. Sometimes light rain like today and other times a pretty good soak. So if you want it to rain in The Triangle (and don't we all want this??) break out the sidewalk chalk and create a little art or sidewalk prose.

If you have any other quirky ways to get it to rain lets hear them!!
oooohhhh so THAT'S it!!!! I thought it was because I washed my area rug and hung it out on my fence to dry!

Old 01-11-2008, 08:12 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
NRG,
Do you need a red carpet to roll out for them?
I'll chip in for a few linear feet of something plush.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXmom View Post
I'm pretty sure we all could chip in and rent them a really nice townhouse for a month!! Let the N & O get a hold of this info and I bet every restaurant in the area will be letting them dine free!!!

MR & Mrs NRG please, please come visit us for a few weeks!!!!!!
You guys might be on to something!

I'm dead serious. It has rained every single time they have come to visit me since I moved here more than two and a half years ago. When I talk to them on the phone I am always going on about how great the weather is here and when they come to visit they look at me like I have a third ear growing out of my forehead! They now think it rains all the time here like it is Seattle or something!

Old 01-11-2008, 08:17 PM

43,283 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post

I'm dead serious. It has rained every single time they have come to visit me since I moved here more than two and a half years ago. When I talk to them on the phone I am always going on about how great the weather is here and when they come to visit they look at me like I have a third ear growing out of my forehead! They now think it rains all the time here like it is Seattle or something!
We know you are dead serious...

Do you think we are not dead serious?

Old 01-11-2008, 09:55 PM

3,031 posts, read 9,087,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post

Hey, don't knock Seattle! If it were cheaper to live there (like it used to be before everyone from CA moved up to inflate prices) and salaries kept pace with inflation, we'd be back there now!

Old 01-12-2008, 08:52 AM

850 posts, read 3,625,805 times
This is too funny, PDX. We JUST had the sidewalk chalk out a couple days ago and wouldn't ya know, it rained! Time to redraw the racing lanes in our driveway.

Another time it always seems to rain is on the first day of a new job.

Lauren
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary