Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2015, 01:10 PM

1 posts, read 924 times

Advertisements

I have 3 printers and 2 monitors I would like to sell but do not know who in this area buys this sort of thing.

Wireless printers ( Cannon,Epson and an HP ) all very gently used. and two like new 17" montiors. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 01:22 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbasu View Post
I have 3 printers and 2 monitors I would like to sell but do not know who in this area buys this sort of thing.

Wireless printers ( Cannon,Epson and an HP ) all very gently used. and two like new 17" montiors. Thanks
I just bought a laser printer of Craigslist and was very happy with it. There is another thread about CL in general, you might want to check it out before you decide to go that route.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:23 PM

2,511 posts, read 2,817,730 times
Craig's list? But you probably won't get too much for the printers. It's getting to the point where they should give you the printer because they scalp you for the cartridges. Best of luck!

Old 03-03-2015, 01:26 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
In the event you decide not to sell but just to get rid of them, I got this info. from a client of mine:

I just located these folks. They will recycle anything electronic – hence their name:

Anything With a Plug Recycling.com

They will pickup for a flat fee of $20.00 or you can drop off for free. I just recycled 2 tvs and 2 pcs for no charge.

They are located next to Ray Price Harley dealership – 1008 Hammell Drive,#218 – very convenient location.

919-610-3465

They will also take Styrofoam, cardboard, glass and some plastics.

Old 03-03-2015, 04:21 PM

210 posts, read 426,327 times
I think Craigslist is your best bet. As previously pointed out, you most likely won't get much for the printer. If the monitors are of the same model, you would get a decent price if you sell them combined. The most important thing is to make sure you are very cautious if you decide to go the Craigslist route. I always sell my electronic inside of a big department store. I refuse to meet in parking lots or anywhere else. Park close to the front of the department store and do the exchange in brought day light.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:08 PM

4,164 posts, read 4,878,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbasu View Post

If they're the older CRT tube monitors then you won't find much of a market for them as most people are switching to flat panel LCD displays. You can try selling them on Craigslist or ebay.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:17 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,422,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams_aj View Post
Craig's list? But you probably won't get too much for the printers. It's getting to the point where they should give you the printer because they scalp you for the cartridges. Best of luck!
I buy all my toner from Amazon for 1/5th of the price of office supply stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
If they're the older CRT tube monitors then you won't find much of a market for them as most people are switching to flat panel LCD displays. You can try selling them on Craigslist or ebay.
They mentioned like new, so if they were bought in the last 10 years they should be flat screens. I think CRT monitors are quite rare now.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:21 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,448,042 times
I sold two LCD 15" monitors for $10 combined a couple years ago. Very little market for them.

I found a nice Brother laser on the side of the road in my neighborhood, great printer still use it.

Ironically I sold an old early 90's Brother laser for almost $90 due to it being one of the only printers that interfaced with some sort of medical transcription program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary