Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 08:59 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,028,204 times

Advertisements

Wow, what scumbags. Precisely why I never buy furniture in stores with fluorescent banners. It just screams cheap and schiesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2015, 01:12 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,752,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Just what we do not need in that area. The furniture store down the block just was evicted after scamming lots of buyers, The Furniture Spot.
So, one retail store scams people and all retail should be banned? You bumped a months old thread for that?

Last I heard it was going to be some kind of Restaraunt I think so you're safe from the furniture scammers.

Old 07-18-2015, 01:20 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,575,300 times
That doesn't mean the furniture store was evicted for scamming. The store had already a planned closing date when the customers were "scammed". Not saying it's the customers fault but I know I wouldn't go to a store that is already saying they are closing and try to order furniture. I definitely only pay cash when it's a "cash and carry" transaction. Just my opinion but it seems like the customers were pretty naive to me.

And you want to blast the company by falsely accusing them of being evicted and scamming customers without any proof whatsoever.

Old 07-18-2015, 02:04 PM

6,819 posts, read 9,049,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
That doesn't mean the furniture store was evicted for scamming. The store had already a planned closing date when the customers were "scammed". Not saying it's the customers fault but I know I wouldn't go to a store that is already saying they are closing and try to order furniture. I definitely only pay cash when it's a "cash and carry" transaction. Just my opinion but it seems like the customers were pretty naive to me.

And you want to blast the company by falsely accusing them of being evicted and scamming customers without any proof whatsoever.
There were 9 formal complaints filed and numerous stories of customers who paid and never received. What do you call that? The article I read did not make it clear that everyone bought after the closing was announced. Also look at online reviews.

Old 07-18-2015, 02:46 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,575,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
There were 9 formal complaints filed and numerous stories of customers who paid and never received. What do you call that? The article I read did not make it clear that everyone bought after the closing was announced. Also look at online reviews.
I'm not saying the business was innocent of any wrongdoing. There's a reason why they went out of business. That's why the free market works so well.

What I am saying it is my opinion maybe the customers should have thought about it a little better. Would you pay cash for a sofa that had to be ordered from a business that already has "going out of business" plastered on it's front window? Let's be realistic here.

But the fact is SaturnFan stated the business was evicted of scamming it's customers and that has yet to be proven to be true.

Old 07-18-2015, 03:00 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,152,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
I'm not saying the business was innocent of any wrongdoing. There's a reason why they went out of business. That's why the free market works so well.

What I am saying it is my opinion maybe the customers should have thought about it a little better. Would you pay cash for a sofa that had to be ordered from a business that already has "going out of business" plastered on it's front window? Let's be realistic here.

But the fact is SaturnFan stated the business was evicted of scamming it's customers and that has yet to be proven to be true.
No, the thieving owner took advantage of vulnerable customers by lying that he had the merchandise but not in the store.

Years ago, Homelife Furniture on Glenwood Avenue pulled the same stunt taking money a few days before filing bankruptcy for items not in stock.

A bit of rattling the jail doors convinced the owners that fraudulent debts to the defrauded customers cannot be discharged and may become a federal crime. The customers were made whole.

Secret is to only pay with a credit card (NO DEBITS) and have the contract include a condition for delivery within 60 days or the customer gets a full refund. Your credit card company must accept this dispute and charge the transaction back to the merchant's bank. This is part of the Fair Cedit Billing Act.

Old 07-18-2015, 07:17 PM

360 posts, read 720,812 times
I seriously doubt a store would get evicted for scamming customers. Given all the sweepstakes parlors around, which are illegal (the sweepstakes games) in NC, it appears to me that landlords could care less what is operating on their property as long as the rent is paid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: