U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2008, 12:22 PM

1 posts, read 4,383 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are considering moving our family to the Triangle area from out of state. If you could live anywhere in the Triangle where would it be? What do you think is the most desirable subdivision/neighborhood? What do you think is the best school - especially elementary school? Thanks for any help you can give us.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2008, 01:02 PM

5,594 posts, read 16,652,485 times
Hmmm. That's a tough question. Hypothetically, I'd want to live somewhere within a 20 minute drive of my office in RTP. I'd also want to be near lots of parks, greenways, and restaurants. Based on that criteria, that probably puts me in Cary. Most of the schools in Cary are equally good, so that wouldn't be an issue. I'd also want a relatively new house (<10years old) with a large yard (>1/2 acre) that backs up to a protected wooded area. Also, gotta have a 3 car garage for my toys :-)

Now. . .. if money were no object, I'd be living in the house I just described. Unfortunately, money doesn't grow on trees and I ended up in Garner.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:21 PM

2,834 posts, read 11,556,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerryon View Post
My husband and I are considering moving our family to the Triangle area from out of state. If you could live anywhere in the Triangle where would it be? What do you think is the most desirable subdivision/neighborhood? What do you think is the best school - especially elementary school? Thanks for any help you can give us.
Honestly for us it would 10 acres close to rtp, which does not exist!!!!!!! We currently live in wake forest, on a acre, in a neighborhood, and my daughter is in kindergarten. Honestly, I love my neighborhood (dislike my neighbors but that is another story). I also love wake forest and my daughter's school.

Is it my dream house? No, my dream house would be on much more land, it would be a green build and the layout would be a touch different!

Leigh

Old 01-12-2008, 01:23 PM

8,269 posts, read 23,984,212 times
If I could live ANYWHERE in the triangle, it would be in downtown Raleigh in Mordecai or Oakwood.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:36 PM

579 posts, read 2,768,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
If I could live ANYWHERE in the triangle, it would be in downtown Raleigh in Mordecai or Oakwood.
I second that!

Old 01-12-2008, 04:40 PM

40,255 posts, read 69,633,249 times
Raleigh:
Cameron Park

Country Club Hills
Hayes Barton,
Five Points,
Bloomsbury,
Fairview,
Etc.

Glenwood/Brooklyn

Tough to pick...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>