Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2008, 10:00 AM

17 posts, read 59,267 times

Advertisements

I am looking into relocating from Pittsburgh to the Raleigh area. I am a recent college grad/young professional and would be looking to rent in a part of town that isn't terribly expensive but is close enough to shopping/dining/work/hot spots/places to meet other young people. I don't want to be in a part of town where its all students still in college but i dont want to be in a family oriented neighborhood just yet either. Right now in Pittsburgh i live in the suburbs about 10-15 min drive from downtown. That's ideal for me so what would be the Raleigh equivilant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 10:08 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,643,742 times
Pretty much anywhere you rent there will be other young people around. Some will be students, others professionals. I lived in one of the many apartment complexes in NW Raleigh off of Hwy 70 and Lynn Rd when I first moved here and there was a good variety of young professionals, families, etc. The drive to downtown is about 15 minutes if traffic is light.

It is possible to find rentals downtown, but they will obviously be a little pricier. There aren't really many apartment complexes downtown, but rentals can be found.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:12 AM

17 posts, read 59,267 times
do you have any links to any of the complexes you lived in or that are around that Lynne Rd. area?

Old 01-14-2008, 11:54 AM

110 posts, read 455,894 times
I agree with Miamiblue, I lived in that area for 2 years before buying my house. Try rent.com and put in the zip code 27612 and 27613. Some of those places have changed management so I don't have the names off the top of my head anymore. Good luck

Old 01-14-2008, 12:38 PM

2,086 posts, read 7,643,742 times
I lived at Camden Crest. I had a mixed experience there, which ended up not so nice because of constant noise from the pool area at 2 am on weeknights (the pool didn't have any closing hours) and a neighbor who had no problem waking up the entire building at 3 am. Management was not very interested in correcting these problems. However, the apartments were pretty nice. So if you don't live near either one of the pools and don't end up with a crazy downstairs neighbor, it would be farily nice.

We have a friend who lives in Thornhill, which is across the street from Camden Crest. She really likes it there and her apartment is very nice. You can find both of these on rent.com or the apartment guide websites. I know that the Camden website doesn't have a lot in the way of pictures etc. but you can find out what units are available and what the rents are. They seemed to charge mandatory cable, though. www.camdenliving.com.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:14 PM

125 posts, read 530,122 times
I live in cary, pretty close to anything you could want.. We live in an older apt complex in an established neighborhood called oxford hunt.. Our apts are nothing "fancy" but offer great lake and wooded views, rent is average if not below average. This apt complex is called Brampton Moors, we are pleased with them so far, office staff is great, maintenance is OK.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:55 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,161,997 times
We have young couples/singles in Northridge Crossings.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:25 PM

51 posts, read 412,871 times
Me and my fiancee just got a place in Mayfaire, off Lead Mine Road. We are in our mid-20s and are paying about $800 for a nice big 2 bedroom. And its close to a lot of shopping and retail and still only like 20 minutes from downtown.
https://www.mayfaireapts.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary